46

"I tried to warn you

"I tried to warn you."

"How is that even a kid's movie? Young Nixon would've hated it," Nixon complained as he aggressively shoved food into his mouth.

"It's good to know you haven't changed much from childhood, then," I said.

Nixon paused and stared at me with a narrowed gaze. "You aren't funny."

"I'm sorry," I told him. "But come on, you have to admit that the others were good. Toy Story? Finding Nemo? Lion King? Incredibles?"

"They were alright," he shrugged.

I shook my head. "Tell me what your favorite was then."

Nixon hummed in thought. "I liked Lilo and Stitch." I stared at him for a moment, and he raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Nothing," I said, a smile forming. "That's just so on brand for you."

Nixon's brows furrowed, but I didn't bother to elaborate.

"What about you?" He asked me. "I mean, I know you like all of them, clearly, but what is your favorite?"

The question caught me by surprise. What was my favorite Disney movie? There was a lot to choose from, but if I had to name one...

"Meet the Robinsons," I answered. His brows furrowed, so I added, "We didn't watch it last night since I didn't bring the disk."

"Why didn't you bring it?"

"If I'm not watching these movies, then most of the time they're usually sitting in the hallway closet, but I've watched Meet the Robinsons so many times that it just has a permanent place in my room," I admitted.

The movie will always hold a special place in my heart. Not just because I enjoyed it but also the memories that came with it. The first time I watched the film was the first weekend after Reo came. Mom and Dad had bought it, figuring it would be a good film to show that families came in all shapes and sizes. Reo and I had watched it on our own a multitude of times despite knowing practically every line.

"Tell me about it," Nixon said. "It's your favorite, right? Tell me why you like it."

"You didn't tell me why you liked Lilo and Stitch."

"You didn't ask."

"I'm not going to tell you too much because then you won't watch it— close your mouth because you know I'm right," Nixon rolled his eyes. "But a big theme in the movie is family and belonging. It kind of reminded me of my own family in a way. Then there's a big family filled with many unique people. It just goes to show that families come in all shapes and sizes."

"Is that what you want?"

"What?" My brows furrowed.

"A big family," he elaborated. "Do you want a big family?"