44

It had been a day since Reo's abrupt departure

It had been a day since Reo's abrupt departure. The memory of the argument had been plaguing my mind all day. I wanted to grab my phone, call him, and try to fix whatever had happened last night. Yet, I knew that he wouldn't pick up. Reo was exceptionally stubborn, and it would take time to get him to talk to me again—to open up about the sudden change in his attitude.

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was call Archer. It didn't matter how much we fought; I still cared about him. I loved him; he was my brother, even if he didn't think so. I needed to know if he had gotten back home on time, and thankfully, he had. Archer had tried to get me to tell him what had happened, but I had to stop myself from doing so. I knew Reo still hadn't told him about the pregnancy, and I wouldn't be the one to take that opportunity from him. Learning that you were going to have a child was a big moment in a person's life, and Reo deserved to be the one to tell Archer and Boston.

The other issue that had been lingering was just how long this fight would last. This wasn't the first time Reo and I had gotten into a fight, but it was, undoubtedly, the most serious one we'd had. That scared me. Reo's go-to habit was to give those around him the silent treatment if something happened. In the past, it had gone from as short as an hour to as long as a month with minimal contact, so I was worried about how long it could potentially be this time.

Currently, I stood a little ways away from the training grounds and was watching as Celia trained with the warriors, or that was what I was supposed to be doing, but I struggled to pay attention, and before I knew it, the training session was over.

As warriors began to leave, Celia turned in my direction, fast approaching with a smile on her face.

"Hello, Alpha," she greeted once she reached me. Her hair was tied back into a ponytail, and she bounced around as if the training she had done didn't affect her in the slightest.

"Hi, Celia. How are you doing?" I asked her.

"Excited," she admitted, her smile growing. "He should be arriving today."

It took me a minute to realize who she was talking about. Her mate would be arriving at the pack today. Before leaving for the Silver Night, I had ordered a background check to be run on him. The results had come back recently, and since they were clear, Maia and I agreed that it was alright to let her invite him down.

"Alpha? Are you alright?" Celia asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

"I'm fine," I told her with a nod. "I'm excited to meet him as well. Seeing how quickly you fit in with the pack, I'm sure he will too."

The two of us continued to talk about her mate, the pack, and more. Honestly, the conversation was long overdue. I intended to meet up with her at some point while I was back to talk more and get to know her, but it was as if a train had crashed into me, and all my plans were derailed after Reo's announcement.