24 [part two]

The first thing I saw when I woke up was green eyes staring at me

The first thing I saw when I woke up was green eyes staring at me. It wasn't in an angry, regretful way, but I couldn't make out the emotion.

I tried to sit up, but the arm wrapped around my waist was enough to make me pause and lower back down. I turned back to Tatum, who still hadn't looked away. He looked as if he was in his own world.

"How long have you been up for?" I asked Tatum.

"Not long," He responded, but I was sure it was longer than he was willing to admit. "How are you?"

How are you? The question was enough to remind me of yesterday's events. My face heated up slightly.

"I'm fine."

Tatum nodded before letting out a sigh. His arm moved from its previous position, and he sat up.

"We need to talk," was all he said.

I followed suit. "About the last ni—"

"Not that," he cut me off. "About you going home."

Oh.

My face heated up slightly. "What about it? I already told you I'm not going anywhere."

Tatum sighed. "Nix, I meant what I said about this not being your problem. You have to return to your pack. I'm sure Nolan is waiting for you—"

"No," I told him sternly. "Stop trying to get me to go because it isn't going to work, Tate."

We stared at each other, almost as if waiting for the other to break. I understood where he was coming from, but at the same time, I knew I couldn't leave. I wouldn't sit back and watch as he isolated himself—especially after yesterday. I wasn't going to watch him crash and burn.

"So what about your pack?" Tatum asked me.

"Nolan is more than capable," I said.

"You were ready to run out and back to the Silver Night because you were worried about him," Nixon shot back. "What's changed now?"

The expression on his face told me that he wasn't going to let this go. I moved closer, closing the small gap between us, and narrowed my eyes.

"You really want me to go?" I asked, and he nodded. "Fine, I'll go, but on one condition."

"What's that?"

My brown eyes met his green, and I gripped his hand. Tatum's hand tightened around mine, and he stared intensely at me.

"Come with me," I said quietly. "Come to the Silver Night."