Chapter seven - Stop

TW - sexual assault.

When I was on my way to dinner I felt a little better already. I had been resting the whole day and didn't feel very sick anymore.

'Thanks, Fry.' I said as Frypan handed me a full plate. I looked around and saw Minho and Ben sitting at a table. My eyes also caught Newt sitting there and I got a weird feeling in my stomach that was definitely not because of my period. I walked over to them and sat down.

'Hey.' The three boys greeted me.

'You okay? I didn't see you much today. The Med-jacks told me you were sick.' Newt looked at me while the two Runners continued having their conversation.

'That's right, but I'm okay now.' I smiled lightly.

~

The next morning I already felt a lot better. I got dressed and was on my way to Newt and Zart, who were both sitting at a table.

There's something about Newt that I really like. Maybe it's his kindness? The way he always helps me? Or just his whole personality? I also like his looks though.. he's very- Stop! I can't think like this. We're in a shucking maze and I'm thinking about a boy.

I joined the two boys and started eating.

'How do you feel?' Newt looked at me with his brown eyes.

'Better.' I smiled.

Now that's why I like Newt. He's just really nice, that's it.

'Enjoy your job?' Zart asked me.

'Yeah, it's nice.'

After a while I finished eating and said goodbye to the two boys. Clint and Jeff were already in the med-hut.

'Hey guys.' I greeted them as I sat down.

'Morning.' Clint said. 'Feeling better already?'

'Yeah, all good.'

The whole day went by kind of fast. I treated a few Builders and Slicers, but that was it. Sometimes my job could be a little boring, but I enjoyed it.

'We're gonna get dinner, you coming?' Jeff looked at me.

'In a minute. I'm gonna clean this up a bit.' I motioned at the table, that was full with medicines, bandages and lots of others stuff again.

'Alright. See ya.' The two boys walked out of the hut.

I started throwing away the dirty tissues when suddenly, I heard someone entering in the hut.

'What's up?' I was still cleaning and couldn't see the person.

'I cut my finger. I thought you could help?'

I didn't recognize the voice.

'Sure. Just need to clean the last few things up, if that's alright.' I put the last bottle of pills next to the other ones.

'That's okay.' I felt the person's breath on my neck and I shivered.

I turned my head and saw Adam standing really close to me.

Great.

I ignored him and continued cleaning the last few things. After a few seconds I felt Adam's hands going on my waist.

'What are you doing?' I asked while trying to pull away.

I turned around and Adam pulled his hands away.

'Where's your cut?' I asked with a sternly voice.

'Shh.' Adam held his finger in front of my mouth.

'You don't have a cut, do you?' I asked a little shaky. I took some steps back, away from Adam, but eventually my back hit the wall.