Chapter seventeen - Questions

Jeff and Clint had left the med-hut messy, again. I was cleaning everything up before going to dinner. I don't get why they won't clean it up a little, maybe because they're boys? Do all boys do that? I wonder if Newt's room is messy, I've never been there before. In fact, I've never been in any boys hut. But I don't want to.. I guess.

After a while I finished cleaning and got some dinner. With a full plate in my hands I looked around. I noticed Logan sitting alone again, so decided to join him.

'Hey, Logan.' I sat down.

'Oh, hey.' He smiled when he saw me joining him. 'How are you?'

'Great.' I lied again. I wasn't great. I though about my memories a lot and I felt guilty about cutting myself the previous night. 'What about you?'

'I'm good.' He replied and we both started eating.

Slowly my eyes trailed off to Newt. He was limping over to Minho and sat down. 'Logan?' I looked at the boy.

'Yeah?' He looked up.

'Do you know what happened to Newt's leg? Why does he have a limp?' I finally asked the question that had been burning on my lips for days.

'Uhm. I don't know.' Logan seemed to tell the truth. 'He never talks about it and he had it before I got here.'

'Okay. I was just wondering.' I replied.

Logan nodded and we both finished our dinner.

'I'm gonna go to the Homestead.' Logan got up.

'What're you gonna do in there?' I asked.

'Nothing. Just sit there until I get tired.' Logan shrugged.

I felt bad for him. He didn't have any other friends besides me and he had to spend the whole day alone.

'I can go with you?' I suggested.

Logan seemed to be surprised. 'If you want to.' He rubbed the back of his neck. 'I know a nice place, it's better than the Homestead.'

'Okay. Show me.' I smiled and Logan grabbed my arm, leading me to the place.

After a while Logan let go off my arm. We stood in front of a wooden tower. 'I hope you're not of heights.' Logan looked at the tall tower and started climbing up, I followed.

After a few minutes we sat on top of the tower. The sight was beautiful. I could see some boys walking around the Glade as the sky was mixed with beautiful different colors.

'Wow.' I sighed.

'I know. It's amazing.' Logan replied.

'Are all boys messy?' I asked out of sudden. The question just flashed into my head.

'What?' Logan frowned for a second. 'No. I don't think so. But I sleep in the Homestead with the others so we don't really have our own place.'

'Must suck.' I sighed. 'I feel bad for all the boys who sleep in the Homestead.'

Logan shrugged. 'I don't really mind it.'

'Okay.' I laughed a little.

Me and Logan talk for another good hour and then took our separate ways. On my way to my hut I thought about Logan. He was a nice guy and I didn't get why he had no friends. I felt bad for him. Without realizing it I walked to the med-hut and grabbed the same small knife.

Before I knew it I had sliced my wrist. Just as the previous night I felt relieved. It was like my worries were gone for a while. I didn't get why, but I liked it. I liked the feeling of it. I had promised myself not to do it again, but it was like an old habit coming back.