Chapter twenty-five - Reunion

The next morning me and Newt waited in the line to get ourselves some food.

'Thank you, Fry.' I smiled when he handed me a plate filled with a toast and scrambled eggs.

'Enjoy.' He gave me a nod and continued giving other Gladers food.

I followed Newt to an empty table and we sat down next to each other.

'I'm gonna talk to Alby for a second.' Newt got up again and walked over to Alby. After two minutes Newt walked back and sat down. 'I got some good news.' He announced.

'What is it?' I asked curious.

'Alby said you had a day off.' Newt replied.

'Really? That's amazing!' I was genuinely happy and gave Newt a big smile. Immediately the corners of his mouth turned up when he saw me being happy.

'What are we celebrating?' Minho put his plate down and sat across from us. 'That you two are finally together?' He looked at the two of us.

'I have a day off!' I completely ignored Minho's comment, though I felt my cheeks get red.

'You're lucky.' Minho stretched his arms. 'You guys want to explain somethin' else? Like why you two were sleeping in the same bed.. again?'

'Again? How does he-.' Newt looked at me.

'I walked into you a few days ago.' Minho smirked. 'You slept next to each other two times already! Don't tell me nothing is going on!' He hopefully looked at us.

Before we could response Logan sat down next to Minho. 'Morning.' He brushed his hair out of his eyes.

'Logan. I caught 'em.' Minho said, way too proudly. 'They were sleepin' next to each other.'

'Oh really?' A smirk appeared on Logan's face as he looked at my red one.

'I bet they kissed.' Minho started acting like a little child. 'I bet they did twice already!'

'He's not wrong.' Newt whispered in my ear, really quietly. My face heated up even more.

'Thanks for sharing your dreams with us, Minho. I'm going to shower, see ya.' I quickly got up and walked to the showers.

I turned on the water and waited for it to get a little bit warm. The water wasn't able to get very hot, but I was glad it wasn't ice cold. A shiver traveled down my spine as I felt the water rain on my back. I washed all the dirt off myself and quickly finished showering. After getting dressed I opened the door to walk out of the shower room, but I almost jumped when Newt suddenly appeared.

'Newt! What're you doing here?' I asked. 'Why are you in front of the door?'

'I didn't want any hormonal teenage boys to walk in to you showering!' Newt defended while he scratched his neck.

'You're a teenage boy, standing right in front of the door while I'm showering.' I smirked a little and Newt's cheeks turned red. 'Just kidding. Thank you for doing that, Newt.' I smiled.

'Don't mention it.' Newt laughed a little and together we walked outside.

'So, what does the second-in-command usually do the whole day?' I asked.

'Just whenever Alby's not around I am the leader, but it's a good thing Alby's always around.' Newt chuckled lightly. 'Or I just help everywhere I can.'

Suddenly I heard a loud alarm going off. I gave Newt a worried and confused glance. 'It's the Box.' Newt said while we walked over to it.

Curious about the Greenie I stood around the Box along with some other boys. Newt and Gally opened it and Gally jumped in.