Chapter twenty-four - Confessions

A/N: I don't know if this chapter is cringe..

~

Me, Newt, Gally, Logan, and Minho got ourselves some food and sat down to eat lunch.

'Why'd you lock us up, Minho?' Newt looked at the Runner.

'We didn't lock you up! The door is just broken or something.' Minho defended.

'We're not dumb, Minho.' I joined the conversation.

Minho shrugged and kept eating.

'What did you two really do when we were gone?' Logan whispered in my ear.

'Nothing.' I lied, my cheeks immediately turning red again.

'That's very convincing.'

'I know.'

'Tell me what you did.' Logan quietly said.

'No!'

'I'll find out sometime. Just say it please!' Logan waited for my reaction.

'What're y'all whispering about?' Gally looked at us.

'Nothing.' I quickly said as I looked at Newt, who was sitting across from me. He only smiled and didn't say anything.

'Are y'all gonna tell us what you did or not?!' Minho shouted a little too loudly.

'No. You locked us up so you don't deserve to know.' Newt said.

'Ooh, so it's our fault now? Well, if we didn't lock you up, you two wouldn't have kissed or whatever the shuck you did in there!'

'So you did lock us up?' I smirked at Minho, already knowing the answer.

'We didn't lock yo- Okay we might've done that.' Minho replied.

'Just tell us what you guys did, otherwise, it would've been for nothing!' Gally joined in.

'We didn't do anything except for checking the wall.' Newt replied before giving me a small wink.

Disappointed look appeared on the boys their faces and they kept eating.

'I'm gonna go to Ben.' Minho got up from the bench and walked away. After a while Logan and Gally left too, so it was just me and Newt.

'So...' Newt started.

'So...' I repeated and a small smiled appeared on Newt's face.

'Meet me at the tower after dinner.' Newt got up and walked away, leaving me surprised.

~

I joined Logan and Minho for dinner. I quickly ate, being curious about why Newt wanted me to go to the tower after dinner.

'Someone's in a hurry.' Minho looked at me. I shrugged it off and finished eating.

'Bye.' I got up from my seat and left the two boys behind. Curious, nervous, yet cheerful I climbed up the tower. When I arrived at the top Newt was already sitting there. The small breeze tousled his blonde hair, while his eyes were lit up by the sun. Newt looked just as good as always. His cute smile appeared when he saw me.

'Hey, love.' He motioned for me to sit down next to him. I did and tucked my dark blonde hair behind my ear.

'Hey.' I looked at him. 'How you doing?'

'I'm fine, just wanted to talk to you.' Newt replied.

'Okay.' Patiently I waited for him to continue.