Chapter forty-nine - Shower

A/N: Who's side are you on? Logan or Newt? Idk if this chapter is weird btw.

~

After a while, Minho already left to the maze and I and Newt finished eating. While having breakfast I realized I hadn't had a shower in a very long time and I probably stank. But again, the problem was my arm. This time I wasn't sure if Newt would help me.

'What're you thinking about?' Newt noticed something about me.

'Nothing.' I said.

Newt raised his eyebrow. 'Mind to share sharing your nothing thought?'

'No. It's nothing.' I replied.

'Come on, Nora!' Newt responded impatiently.

'No.' I bit my lip. Telling Newt wasn't even the biggest problem. I was just scared he was going to say no and that would be... embarrassing. Why would he say no? He's my boyfriend.

'Well?' Newt waited for me to say something.

'I haven't showered in a few days but I don't think I can do it myself.' I quietly said.

'It's a good thing you have me then.' Newt smiled.

Surprised I looked at him.

'Come on.' Newt up from his seat and grabbed my hand. Together we walked into the Homestead and up the stairs to the showers.

'You can keep your underwear on if you feel more comfortable that way.' Newt said. I was glad he mentioned it and I put out my clothes, except for my lingeries. Newt did too and I couldn't help myself but stare at his muscular chest.

I saw the bruises too. 'They're already healing.' I moved my hand on the bruises. They were turning yellow instead I blue, meaning they were fading away.

Newt turned on the shower and waited for the water to get a little warmer.

'Clint said the bandages couldn't get wet.' Newt looked at my wrist.

'Oh.' I replied. I wasn't very happy about it. 'Could you take them off?'

'Of course.' As gently as possible Newt started unwrapping the bandages. A shiver went down my spine at the touch. Every single touch hurt.

'I'm so sorry.' Newt noticed it.

'It's fine.' My voice cracked.

Newt started unwrapping the last bandage, so the cuts got revealed. A cold breeze hit my bare wrist and it didn't feel very well.

A little scared of what I was going to see, I looked at my wrist. The deep cuts healed, but just a little bit. They were only a little bit smaller, that was it. They looked horrible. Tears formed in my eyes as I realized what I had done.

'Woah.' Newt noticed it and pulled me into a hug. 'It's okay.' He rubbed my back and I let the tears fall.

'Sorry.' I apologized through my sobs. All the emotions that had gathered in my body the last few days went out. When I let go of Newt and wiped the tears away, I felt relieved.

'You okay?' Newt cupped my face.

'Yes.' I said, truly honest.

Newt put his hand under to water to feel the temperature. 'The water is warm.' He looked at me again. 'You ready?'

I nodded and got in the shower. Newt followed after me. The water wet my hair and whole body, just like my underwear. After standing there for a minute, I grabbed a soap bottle.