Chapter forty-five - Fine

'Newt!' My eyes shot open and I looked right into Jeff's eyes. I remembered what happened. Nora was dead. I looked behind Jeff and saw Nora still lying on the bed.

'You have some... tears on your face.' Jeff motioned at my face. Quickly I wiped away the tears and looked at Nora. Jeff gave me a confused look.

'I can't believe it..' I mumbled.

'Jezus Christ, Newt.' Clint walked into the med-hut. 'You have some crazy dreams.'

'What?' I frowned.

'You were screaming and crying.' Jeff explained.

'What?' I repeated and looked at Nora. Her chest slowly moved up and down. 'Is she alive?' I asked.

Jeff frowned. 'Yes. Why would you think she wasn't?'

'Oh, god.' I rubbed my eyes. It was a dream. All of it. Nora wasn't dead. 'I thought she-' My breath hitched.

'Your dream,' Jeff started.

'Yes.' I mumbled.

(A/N: Hehe I got you :)

'We're gonna try to give her food again.' Clint announced. I gave him a nod and he grabbed the warm soup and spoon again. Slowly he poured it into Nora's mouth, but again, she didn't swallow.

'Shit.' I mumbled. 'How long has she been without food, Clint?'

'Three days.' He replied.

'That's not good. How long will she last?'

'A human can go without food for two months, so it's not the biggest problem.' Clint explained. 'But she's dehydrated.'

With a sigh, I looked at Nora. 'I just don't get why she won't wake up.'

The Med-jacks didn't respond.

~

The next day everything was the same. Nora was still asleep, or whatever was happening to her. I didn't leave the med-hut and sometimes Logan or Minho visited.

'It's taking too long.' I complained.

'We just have to wait.' Clint said. 'It's lunchtime.'

'I'm not leaving.'

'We've noticed.' Jeff tried to joke. 'We'll bring you some after.' The two boys left me and Nora alone.

I grabbed her cold hand and looked at her face. She didn't look well, but Clint said she was doing okay, except for not eating.

'You have to wake up, Nora.' I sighed. 'Chuck is wondering where you are and we're all worried about you.'

No response, of course.

I rubbed my chin and averted my eyes from Nora until I felt a very small, but noticeable, squeeze in my hand. Immediately I had all the attention for Nora and straightened my back.

'Nora?' I asked, just like I had done before. I felt her fingers move in my hand. Was she waking up? Full of hope, I watched her face. Her breaths got a little faster. She grabbed my hand back.

'Nora?' My heart started beating faster. Slowly, very slowly, Nora opened her eyes. She blinked a few times and looked at the ceiling. As calm as possible, though on the inside I was screaming of happiness, I bend closer to her. 'Love?' Slowly she turned her head and her eyes met mine.

Eventually, I gently wrapped my arms around her. 'I'm glad you're awake.' I smiled and let go of her again.

Nora's eyebrows furrowed and she sat up straight.