Chapter twenty-seven - Announcement

I woke up with my head aching so badly it felt like I wasn't able to stand. Eventually I got out of my bed and the aching was bad, but I was able to walk. Slowly I got dressed and did my hair. Tired I got a plate filled with food and sat down next to Minho, with a sigh.

'You sure had some fun last night.' Minho looked at me. I could barely remember anything from the previous night. I remembered blurred images of the fire, but that was it.

'What happened?' I rubbed my eyes, trying to get the sleep out.

'I dared you to do something.' Minho started and I waited for him to continue, but he didn't.

'What was the dare?' I asked.

'To sit on Newt's lap for the rest of the game.' Minho said and my face dropped.

'I didn't do that, right?' I asked, embarrassed. By the look on Minho's face I defnitely did it. 'Great.' I mumbled.

'Morning.' I heard Newt's morning voice as he sat down across from me.

'Hey.' Minho greeted with the most annoying tone. 'We were just talkin' 'bout last night.'

'Oh.' He replied under his breath, I couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or not.

'I didn't do anything really weird, right?' I looked at the two boys.

'No, I don't think so.' Minho said, honest.

Newt's face turned bright red and he mumbled something. Still embarrassed I ate my food and didn't say anything else about it.

'Where's Chuck?' I looked around and frowned.

'He's with Alby.' Minho replied and I was glad Chuck was okay.

'I'm gonna go to the med-hut, bye!' I got up and walked to the med-hut. Neither clint and jeff were already there, so I was alone. Bored I fiddled with a small paper, until someone walked into the hut. I looked up and saw Newt.

'Hey.' I got up from the chair and looked at Newt. 'Got yourself hurt?' I asked, looking for any injuries on his body.

'No, I just wanted to see you.' Newt replied and I already felt my cheeks get red a little. I smiled lightly and looked down.

'Nora,' Newt got closer to me and lifted up my chin, sending waves of electricity trough my body. 'What are we?'

'Tiny humans locked up in a maze.' I replied without even thinking for a second. Newt's face fell for a second and then I realized what I had said. 'Just kidding.' I quickly added. 'What do you think we are?' I looked down again. 'I mean, we kissed multiple times but-'

Newt interrupted me by pressing his lips onto mine again. My body relaxed as Newt cupped my cheek and I kissed back. I moved my hand to Newt's back while an amazing feeling floated trough my whole body again.

Suddenly I heard a small cough and immediately let go off Newt. Surprised, but mostly embarrassed I looked at Clint and Jeff. They were standing in the doorway, looking at us. Both of their faces were bright red, but they still had a smirk on their face.

'Uhh,' Clint started as he walked into the hut. 'Newt are you hurt or are you just here to kiss Nora?'

'I'm here to kiss my girlfriend.' Newt corrected him and my mouth fell open in shock.

Did he just say I am his girlfriend? I'm going to die, we're dating! If he meant it serious..

'Really?' I looked at Newt in surprise.

'Well, if you agree on that.' Newt rubbed the back of his neck.

'I'd love to.' I smiled. Slowly Newt leaned in to kiss me again and completely ignored the two Med-jacks who were still standing in the room.