Chapter twelve - Small

A/N: Sorry it took so long until I updated!

Newt's POV

It was getting darker and darker outside, and it was almost time for Adam to get banished. The doors would close in a few minutes and Gally was getting Adam out of the pit. Nora had said she didn't want to be there.

I and the other keepers grabbed our poles as Gally and Adam walked over to us. There was a rope around Adam's hands and Gally held him tight. When they arrived in front of the Doors Gally cut the ropes and Adam fell onto the ground.

Gally walked over to his pole and held it towards Adam, who quickly got up.

'Don't do this!' He screamed. 'I didn't do anything!'

I started to get angry.

How dare he lie about this?

'You harmed another Glader, Adam.' Alby looked at the boy. 'Poles!' Everyone including me held their poles in front of them, towards Adam.

The cold breeze flew in my face and the Doors started to close. We got closer and closer to Adam, who had no other choice than go into the maze, before getting squeezed by the walls. I never liked banishments. They were awful, but Adam deserved it.

The Doors closed with a boom and I sighed. Other boys started walking away, towards the Homestead.

'Let's go, Newt.' Alby motioned for me to come with him.

~

'From now on,' Alby started, as he looked at all the Gladers who were sitting in the Homestead. 'From now on no one touches Nora. At least not in an inappropriate way, or without her permission. Got it?'

The boys nodded.

'Okay. Now go to sleep, you shanks.' Alby said and he walked out of the Homestead.

I got outside too and walked over to the tables. I noticed Nora sitting at a table all alone, so I joined her.

'Hey.' I sat down.

'Hi.' Nora looked up.

'Adam's gone now.' I confirmed.

'Okay.' She let out a small sigh. 'Thank you.'

'For?' I looked at her.

'Just.. everything.' Nora paused for a second. 'You basically saved me and Adam's gone now.'

'No problem.' I chuckled lightly.

After a few seconds of silence, Nora got up. 'I'm going to sleep. Night.' She smiled at me and walked away.

~

Nora's POV

I got ready to go to sleep and lay down in my bed.

Whenever I thought about Adam a shiver went through my body, I tried not to think too much about him. It took me a while, but eventually, I fell asleep.

~

About one and a half years later the girl became really good friends with the three boys. Her cousin was also involved, but he was too young to actually join their conversations. Luckily it didn't matter to him, he stayed with his cousin all the time as long as he had enough food or literally anything he wanted, it was alright.

'Guys.' The Asian boy called Minho, sat down at their table. The three young kids looked at Minho. 'Do you know these two kids?'

'What two kids?' The girl made it obvious she didn't know what he was talking about.