Chapter sixty-six - Blades

I woke up by some quiet voices around me so I opened my eyes. Minho and Newt were standing next to my bed, talking to each other. I stretched my arms and let out a few groans, which immediately drew their attention.

'Nora?' Newt bend down in front of me.

'Morning.' I got up from my bed.

'Are you okay?' Newt asked.

'Yes, why?'

'Don't you remember what happened last night?' Minho wondered. And then I realized it. My nightmare and what happened after.

'Oh.' I managed to say.

'Let's just go get breakfast.' Newt grabbed my hand and the three of us got breakfast.

'Do you want to tell us what happened in the nightmare?' Minho gently asked as we joined Logan at his table.

I hesitated. 'Is it okay if I tell you another day? I don't really fe-.'

'That's fine, Nora.' Minho interrupted me.

'Nightmare?' Logan repeated. 'You had a nightmare?' He looked at me.

'Seems like it.' I muttered.

'And how does Minho know you had a nightmare?' Logan frowned.

'He heard it.' I explained. Logan furrowed his eyebrows even more. 'My screams.' I added.

'You screamed?'

'Yes, Logan. I screamed.'

'Sure must've been a pretty awful nightmare.' Logan sighed.

'You could say that, yes.' Minho mumbled. 'Nora, can you run today?' He raised his voice again.

'She can't.' Newt replied before I even could.

'What? Of course I can run. It was just a nightmare, Newt. I am perfectly fine.' I argued.

'It wasn't just a nightmare.' Minho assured. 'I mean, if you feel okay then I guess you can run, but I don't know if...' He trailed off.

'Take a day off.' Newt suggested.

'I can't just take a day off and besides, I had one two days ago.'

'Can someone explain what the shuck is going on here?!' Logan ran a hand through his hair out of frustration. 'Why the hell would Nora, not be able to run just because she had a nightmare?!'

'It wasn't just a nightmare.' Minho and Newt said in unison.

'Can we stop talking about this?' I buried my head in my hands.

'Then what the hell was it?' Logan asked. Minho and Newt both looked at me.

'Fine. Tell him whatever happened last night.' I sighed.

'Nora- she just started crying in her sleep and then she got louder until finally I woke her up but then she started panicking and Minho heard her screams so he ran in and told me to get the Med-jacks and I don't know what happened after.' Newt said fast, in one breath. When he finished talking he had to gasp for air.

'I didn't understand any of what you just said.' Logan replied.

'I was in my hut, trying to sleep, when out of a sudden I heard screams coming from Nora her hut. And they weren't happy screams, so I got out of bed and walked over to their hut, just to see Nora panting heavily and Newt not knowing what to do. I told him to get the Med-Jacks, since Nora her hands were shaking and her breaths were unsteady. In the meanwhile, she sat down on the ground and couldn't form normal sentences. She couldn't even breathe, so I started asking her questions. I think it was a panic attack.'

'Questions?' Newt repeated. 'You asked her questions?'

'Jesus Christ.' Logan muttered. 'A panic attack?'

'The questions helped.' I quickly said. 'Minho made it stop.'

'Are you okay, Nora?' Logan looked worried.

'Yes. I'm fine.'

'I don't think you should run today.' Logan suggested.

'Why not? I said I was fine. It was just a nightmare, I know you guys have them too sometimes.'

'But what happened after-.'

'What happened after was nothing. It happened yesterday and I could rest the whole night, so nothin' bad is going to happen today. Trust me.'

Sometimes the three boys were annoying me. I liked the fact they wanted to protect me or whatever, but sometimes it was a little too much. Especially Logan and Newt.

The three of them seemed to hesitate about what I said. 'Okay.' Minho finally said. 'You can run.'

'Yes!' I got up from the table. Newt and Logan didn't look very happy, but at that point, I didn't even care. 'Let's go, Minho.'

'I'm going with you. I need to run anyways.' Logan got up too and just like the day before, Newt followed us to the Doors too.

'Watch yourself.' Newt hugged me tightly.

'Okay.' I smiled and let go of him. 'See you!'

~

Minho decided that we would run with all four Runners to check out section seven. I ran next to Logan, behind Minho and Thomas.

Out of a sudden, the two boys stopped running. I almost bumped into them.

'It's open.' Minho gasped and turned around. 'Section seven is finally open!'

'What are we waiting for? Let's get in.' Thomas started jogging and we followed.

'What're those?' I looked at the weird, brown walls around me.

'They're called Blades.' Minho said through his breath. 'They're in every outer section.'

'Minho, give me the key.' Thomas held out his hand and Minho handed him the object that came out of the dead Griever. A small beeping sound echoed through the walls and by the time Thomas started walking, it got faster.

'See? Let's go back to the Cliff.' Thomas kept walking.

Eventually, we were on top of a cliff, just like Thomas said. At the end of the pathway was a round door. The red light on the key turned green and the door opened.

'Is this our way out?' I looked at the dark abyss in the hole.

'We think so.' Minho replied. 'Or hope.'

'We're not going in here with the four of us. We need all the Gladers to come with us.' Logan decided.

~

A/N: Hey! These are just some random questions. Don't feel forced to answer them!

- How are you?

- Would you like me to make a Redamancy sequel?

- What do you think Nora's nightmare was about?

- What's your favorite chapter/part of this story? Just wondering!

This was kind of a filler chapter, but I hope you enjoyed anyways! <3