Mission accomplished

The anger and annoyance was evident in her eyes.

"Whisk it well, that's right, now put a teaspoon of oil in the pan and..."

"Can you shut up already" Mia screamed in annoyance, startling Dixon who took two steps backwards to protect himself.

'What did I do?' Dixon thought to himself.
He was trying to help but she was telling him to shut up.

Mia was his friend but he knew better than to annoy her if he loved his life.
She had beaten him once when he pranked her, he still had a faint scar on his left arm to prove it.

"Did I tell you that i can't make an omelette? Geez! You're so annoying, I just asked for a little help and you suddenly feel like you're the boss of me right?"

"No I didn't..."

"Just shut up, I would have kicked you in the gut if you weren't my friend, but that's not a guarantee so don't provoke me" she turned to the pan to continue what she was doing.

"Tch, how mannerless!" He muttered under his breath

"What did you say?"

"No-thing" he stuttered his lie to save himself.

She was just too scary, like isn't she supposed to be a lady? And the ladies he knew were cute, nice and calm but she was scary, aggressive, pretty though but mannerless.

She spoke to him like he was her junior brother...he was three years older than her for goodness sake and she couldn't show him any respect; not even a little bit.

"See I fried it" she said proudly while showing him the omelette

"Nice work" he gave her two thumbs up. "Let me taste it" he cut a piece and tasted it and nodded in approval.
When he tried cutting another she slapped his hand off.

"What do you think you are doing?" She eyed him

"I want to taste it"

"You already have"

"I know, but..."

"Not going to happen. I want to make some noodles to go with it, so hands off"

He pouted while she eyed him
"Don't think this is something, we're not talking about main meals yet, even a five years old can make an omelette"

She hissed "go find the five years old"

"I'm being serious here, we have to get serious about the cooking stuff, you need to learn it fast"

"I know. You don't have to remind me. Lets start the main class tomorrow, okay?"

"Whatever you say...So what are you going to do about the current cook?"

She picked a pack of noodles from the cupboard and put it into the pot of water over the fire

"When the time is right, what needs to be done will be done" she started simply and went to rinse the vegetables before dicing it.

"I just hope you won't do anything dangerous"
She didn't answer, just gave a simple smile while chopping the vegetables

"That smile of yours isn't trustworthy"

"Doesn't have to be" she smirked

*** *** ***
ONE MONTH LATER

A car ran by the street in a not so pleasant evening. The dry cold wind blew the trees, making them dance to its tune.

In the icy cold wind, a man in his early fifties staggered back home while mumbling some words in anger, cursing even.

In the middle of his never ending mumbles, a car's headlight shone so brightly that it took him seconds to realize that he was about to be hit.

Adrenaline shot in, but before he could take a step to safety, the car collided with his legs making him take seconds of flight in the air before landing on the cold tar. A pained scream followed.

The car reversed, turned around and sped away, leaving the man to his fate.

*** *** ***
"Mission accomplished" Mia said as she walked into the room and closed the door behind her while taking off her black leather jacket, after which she settled on the couch.

"Hope he's still alive?" Dixon asked

"I don't really know, but i wasn't hard on him though" she shrugged

"We could have done it another way, without anyone getting hurt" Luther, the introverted among the trio said.

Luther was tall, fair and had dark hair, he was deeply introverted, rarely spoke but he was the smartest among them;  was a tech wiz and was 28 years old.

Dixon was the extroverted and talkative one but he was also smart. He was tall, had brown hair and a charming smile and was 27 years old.

"Yeah yeah, what's done is done, you don't have to nag me about it" she replied nonchalantly

"I'm not"

"Whether you do so or not I don't actually care, when my eye is already fixated on the target, I don't look away"