Shock and Suspicion

"I should go to sleep now. I have somewhere to be tomorrow" James announced seeing that the time was already thirty minutes past one in the morning. He dropped the game pad on the couch and stood up.

"Let's play another round bro, if you leave I'll be lonely" Dixon pouted.

"I'm sorry but I can't. I have an important meeting tomorrow"

"What meeting?"

"It's a Minister's meeting. That's the sole reason I'm here"

"Oh come on bro, you haven't dropped this pastor thing?"

"Nope. And I'm also not planning to" he smiled.

"Fine. Goodnight" Dixon groaned.

"Do you want to come with?"

"Of course no. And it's a Minister's meeting, I'm not a minister"

"There's a praise session after the meeting"

"Whatever"

"There's a lot of pretty ladies also"

"What do I need to wear?" He asked as he sat up eagerly.

James laughed.
"Don't you ever change?"

"That's not my answer. What do I need to wear?"

"Anything's okay"

"Anything?"

"Sure, as far as you aren't naked and look decent"

"Then let's go to bed" he quickly turned off the monitor and jumped on James.

*****     *****     *****
Mr Jones thoughts kept rolling with each sip of wine.

"Natasha Donald" he mused as he tapped on his glass lightly.

She was a strange person. Very.
She had beaten up his best goons in a twinkle if an eye, with the thin body of hers. It was in the very least shocking.

And also, Hugh Anton. He was sure that she was something more than a chef to Anton. For the fact that he came out on a cold night because of a 'chef' was suspicious and informing enough.

A smirk plastered on his face, he thought of a lot of ways to lure Anton through her.

"I'm going to make this fun. I'm going to get my hands on her" he spoke, his tone filled with excitement.

*****     *****     *****

Mia sat outside the ICU trying to steady her emotions. She was not okay, and she knew it.

Robert sat next to her, his head down. He was too confused to even think.
Anton was the healthiest person he knew; if not a cold, he was almost never sick.
As a result, he couldn't help but be suspicious of the lady next to him. Her expression, he didn't know if to believe it or if it was just an act.

'Was she working for one of Anton's rival?'

'But if she was, she was supposed to have disappeared by now. She wouldn't have brought him to the hospital. Or was it part of the plan?'

Her phone rang, looking at the number, she stood up and went outside the hospital to take the call.
Out of suspicion Robert stood up to follow her and eavesdrop but at that moment the doctor came out and asked to see him in his office.

Mia stood in front of the hospital on a call with Luther.

"I'm sorry I called this late. I was just worried about you and my mind kept telling me something was wrong, that's why I called. But it seems you're okay so I'm relieved. Good night" Luther spoke hurriedly, in fear of any outburst from her.