The Party

The driver pulled over at the parking lot of Mr Jones' mansion.

"Excuse us for a moment" Mr Hugh told the driver and he stepped out.

Anton turned to the side facing Mia

"I don't know how to say this but I have to hold you...hold your hand...I mean it will be strange that I can't hold my date's hand" Anton couldn't believe how this lady made him less confident.

Mia looked at him like he was speaking gibberish, who's hand was he talking about? Not hers.

"Look,I understand that you're maybe breaking your principles but its only for tonight"

Before she could reply, he added

"Please Nat"
He looked quite cute with his plea face and before she knew it she agreed. This was the second time he was doing this to her.

"Thank you" he smiled.

Anton stepped out of the car and so did Mia. He crossed over to her side and stretched his hand forward.
Reluctantly, Mia slid her palm in his, feeling a rush of irritation flow through her body.
He held his smile as he covered her hand with his and they walked forward masks in their hands.
Anton had picked their masks at the boutique earlier.

As they stepped in, all eyes turned to look at them but they walked on. Mia could see some lustful eyes stare and her and she felt irritated. This was what she hated the most, perverts staring at her, it took all her self control for her not to walk up to them and give them a good beating.

Anton on the other hand, felt a rush of anger when he saw those eyes on Mia, how could they stare lustfully at her in his presence? He held his glare and acted like he knew nothing, he couldn't get involved with this petty people.

But he couldn't quite blame them though, he had also gawked at her when she came out of the beauty salon.
He had instucted the driver to stop at Miss Glamour on the way here and he did.
Mia was confused when he stopped, then Anton explained the whole thing to her. It had taken a whole lot of convincing before she agreed to get her hair and make up done.

Mia had only let her hair down and that was it, but in her defense, she didn't have a single make-up item, not even lip gloss.

She had actually had a word with the make-up artist before she began drawing whatever on her face.

She only wanted light make-up, and when she said light, she meant light.

She was only applied powder, black lipstick as per her request, some mascara and her eye brows had been carved.
Her hair was already down and that was okay, so it was just straightened more, combed, creamed and held with beautiful silver hairpins.

When she stepped out Anton was awed, she was so beautiful. But he didn't know if to compliment her or not; he did it anyway.

"Woah...Nat, you look really beautiful"

She was tempted to say "I know, its a fact" but simply said "thank you"

They was a touch of pride in Anton's eye; he was proud that he was the one with this pretty lady that every one was gawking at.

They were led to their designated seats and they sat down.

Occasionally, people came to greet them, actually some came to make themselves known to Mr Hugh, in line of business deals, while some came to meet Mia.
Mia hated the attention on her; she hated too much attention.

Mr Jones strudded towards them, beaming with smiles

"CEO Hugh, thank you for coming, I'm so glad you made it"