A not so pleasant fight

Anton had wanted this party to bring them closer, but he decided  to try silent treatment if it might work on her. He did not pester her and if he was being fair, she had done a lot by agreeing to be his date on short notice.

It was actually not a short notice. He had been informed weeks back but was reminded by Mr Jones last night.
Sincerely, he had forgotten about it and he was sure it wouldn't have even slipped into his memory through out the day because he didn't even take it seriously.
He didn't plan for the party so he didn't have time to think of a present and just gifted Mr Jones a cheque of five million.

He found the party boring and wondered if he was the only one that saw it that way; he didn't know Mia hated it more than he did.
He entertained anyone who approached them and hid his frown when anyone showed interest in Mia and surprisingly she gave out small smiles.

People began dancing and he just had to try his luck.

"Nat, can I have a dance?" He gave a simple genuine smile.

"No thank you"

He didn't press on, infact he was beginning to get tired of her attitude, but look on the bright side, she turned him down politely. That's an improvement.

Later on, she had gently whispered to him that she wanted to use her restroom. Her voice was so cute and innocent and he wished that was her attitude as well.

"Okay but please come back quickly" he couldn't hide his smile as he felt she was beginning to warm up to him.

He wanted her to be around him and he also didn't know what was the eerie feeling that was tugging at his heart.

Minutes later, he got a text message from Mr Jones telling him to come outside so they could talk about something important.

Anton: If you want to talk, I'm at my table.

Mr Jones: Its noisy inside, that why I suggested talking outside. It won't last up to five minutes. Its strictly brief.

Anton didn't have anything to lose, or so he thought, so he looked around and got up and headed for the door.

Immediately, he got out he spotted Mr Jones standing alone, the cold breeze blowing his brown hair lightly; he was puffing a cigarette.

"Mr Hugh, I'm glad you honoured this abrupt invitation, sorry to be..."

"Just skip to the point" Anton snapped at him. He wasn't ready for any blabbering.

"Okay, your wish"

Before Anton could comprehend the attitude, something like a cold metal hit his head and instantly everything became blurry.
Instinct kicked in and he tried dialing a number on his phone but before he could even get the phone out of his pocket, he blacked out.

"Take him out quickly" Mr Jones ordered

"Yes boss"

He flipped him over his broad shoulder and took him to the backseat of his brown truck. Mr Jones gave him a nod and he zoomed off while he went back inside.

***      ***      ***
The wind blew Mia's hair violently as she rode on high speed.
She looked at her phone and saw the red dot moving, Luther had connected her phone so she could see his movements.

She was almost near them.
Suddenly the dot stopped moving and Mia reduced her speed a bit. When she was sure she was just behind where the red dot indicated, she stopped the bike and stepped down. She walked a minute distance and then she could hear some voices.

The desert road was really deserted. It had tall trees on both sides and was barely enough for two cars to pass at the same time only if one car drove along the bushy path.
It looked like the woods but smaller; a perfect place for homicide she concluded.