Jealous

Mia and Ralph walked into the house, in a conversation.
Mia seemed interested in what Ralph was saying and Ralph had a smile on his face.

Anton watched them through the camera with furrowed brows.
This wasn't the first time he was seeing this same scene, it had been happening for some time now and now it was disturbing.
Every time they talked about one thing or the other, laugh about it; actually Ralph was the only one who laughed, the highest he had seen Mia do was smirk.

He watched them cook and discuss something about dogs, which he found annoying.

So she could engage in a discussion about dogs but couldn't engage in a reasonable conversation with him.

He was more jealous than disturbed at the moment.

This little boy was going out today, he couldn't risk it, what if she fell for him?
That was the disturbing thing on his mind, he was never going to let that happen.

His breakfast was served as usual, but instead of Mia waiting behind, he told Ralph to wait behind.

Not wasting time, he began

"Mr Ralph Pelir, I've seen potential in you, and I'll like employ you at Hugh's empire"

"What! Wow!"

"So what do you say about it?"

"That would be great sir"

"Great we would leave now"

"Now?"

"Yes"

"But I'm not dressed properly, i mean this is sudden"
He was in a tee shirt and Jeans.

"You have ten minutes to do so, and also try to pack your important things within this time because you're not coming back here, anything that remains will be sent to you at your new accommodation. We'll leave very soon"

"okay sir" he bowed and left.

When Ralph told Mia, she was surprised.

Well there goes someone she has started getting along with.

Ralph felt bad he was departing from her, he knew he was going to miss her but he couldn't express it.

He had always wanted to work at Hugh's empire, this was just a dream come true, despite his love for cooking he still couldn't compromise.

When he was done packing, he went to meet Anton, by then Robert had already arrived and told Anton that he had created a vacancy for Ralph.

"You're always reliable" he said and tapped his shoulder in praise.
Anton had called him and told him to create a vacancy urgently and he did.

Ralph went with Robert, while Anton was driven alone.

***     ***     ***
The next day was a Saturday, Anton was home relaxing through a pile of documents.
Today he had made a resolution to break the ice sculpture; Mia.

He was going to make her talk to him, her continuous behaviour of constant silence was killing him.

She was always so stiff around him, always giving him straight answers and a straight face as if they were enemies, but today he was determined to break her.

His ego was also hurt, he was CEO Hugh, the number one business man and also the richest man in the country, every lady would be flattered to be in her place, just to even look at his face once but Mia didn't seem to care, the look in her eyes anytime she was with him made him feel uncomfortable, she made him feel less of himself.

But she conversed with Ralph, what did Ralph have that he didn't, huh?

He now realized that he was whining like a wife complaining about the other lady.