A lost sheep

When they arrived at the house it was 11pm already.
Anton led Mia inside the house; they had to talk.

He fought the urge to smile whenever he looked at her, she looked like a heartless CEO wearing his jacket despite how messed up she was.
Her hair was messy but for some reason made her more pretty, her dress was torn slightly and he was sure that the sleeves had some rip also. She was barefoot.
She had fought barefoot and refused to put on those ankle killers again.

Immediately inside Anton called his doctor who was now on his way.

Mr Jones!

He picked up the first aid box and sat on the couch next to her making sure to leave a good amount of space between them.
He took her hand and loosed off the tie; she didn't react. He went off to get some water to wash the dried blood off before cleaning it with an antiseptic solution.

"Sorry but this might hurt" he said as he held a cotton wool soaked in methylated spirit.

She didn't reply.

He rubbed it over the cut and blew air from his mouth gently on it but she didn't even flinch.

It was as if she didn't feel it.
Of course she did, but she was Mia, she could handle it.

Anton checked the expiry date on the bottle of methylated spirit to be sure it wasn't expired.

Seeing that it was indeed active he looked at Mia, surprised and couldn't help but ask.

"Don't you feel pain"

"I do" she confessed "but I've learned to live with it" she blurted seeming dazed in some sort.

"You mean live with pain?"

She shrugged.

Okay now he most definitely wanted to know her more; she seemed so dark and dangerous.

When he was done tending to her wounds, he wrapped her palm in a bandage and gave her some painkillers.

"Any injury anywhere?"

"I don't think so"

"That's good"

She didn't want to ask but her mouth did it already.

"What about you? Are you injured?"

"Just might be a little bruises and I don't know about internal bleeding that's why I called my doctor to come over"

Internal bleeding?

That's funny because he didn't even fight much. Well he had to waste his money somehow.

"He'll check you up also"

"Huh?"

"For internal bleeding, any further injuries and also check this wound"

"Thank you but no thank you, I'm fine"

"But its..."

"I'm fine Mr Hugh, you don't have to worry about me"

It was no use arguing so he let it be; she was always this stubborn.

"Okay if you say so. Now can you please tell me everything, about tonight"

She told him everything she knew, from the men in the room, to the imposter and to the fight but she didn't tell him about Luther. She just said she used GPS.

Anton was frowning when she was done and Mia shivered lightly. She had never seen him angry before and he looked scary when angry.

Mr Jones!