Heartbreaking moment.

Alert: Please know that this chapter contains discussions on sensitive topics such as passing away and depression,... Read at your own risk.

______________________________

"Three months after her mother's death..."

"As a group? Am I not part of this group too? Don't I have a voice or a vote here? Let me tell you this! I won't just sit down, and no one in this room is going to decide what I can or can't do!" The girl stormed out of the dressing room, and the sound of the slamming door echoed in the room.

"I told you, she won't accept this," V shrugged his shoulders, exchanging glances with Jimin as he took a seat on the couch.

"I know, but it's either sitting down or no concert for her," the leader groaned in frustration. "Why is she so stubborn these days?"

The oldest member stood up, ignoring the other members' complaints. He knew how rough her nights had been, how she woke up in panic several times, her shirt and hair soaked with sweat from screaming and tossing in bed. He understood because he hadn't been getting much sleep either. Her condition had been going backward over the past few days due to the lack of sleep the girl had, and she needed a break. Having her sit down during the concerts was a practical solution to give her some rest, but the female members had different opinions.

"I'll go talk to her," Jin said. "I'll come too," Jungkook offered, but Jin shook his head and held his hand up. "Just let me, please. I know you two are close, but this time it's my duty as the hyung to talk to her." Jungkook sulked in his seat- nodding his head, only agreeing because Jin pulled out his hyung card.

Meanwhile, the girl had found a quiet spot not far from the boys, sitting on one of the stairs. Tears welled up in her eyes as she tried to make sense of the recent conversation. "You need to take a break, Nara," "What if something bad happens?" "You can't do this to yourself and us," "We discussed it as a group, and we think it's better for everyone if you sit down during this concert. You can still sing and move around, but we don't want you to push yourself during the challenging parts." These words replayed in her mind, each sentence digging deeper into her already turbulent emotions. "You have the same rights, but you never listen to yourself, so we voted on your behalf," Namjoon said in a soft, empathetic voice, but all she could see was red, her eyes flashing with frustration as she bolted away, slamming the door behind her.

Her eyes widened in surprise as the sound of footsteps approached her. She hadn't expected anyone so soon. She thought the boys would give her some space for at least an hour. However, as she turned to look, her eldest brother stood right in front of her.

"Hey, mind if I join you?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

"Not really," she nodded, feeling unsure about what to do or say. She patted the empty spot beside her, inviting him to sit.

"Do you want to talk?" Jin asked gently, giving her the space to decide.

"I don't know, Oppa," she whispered, her thoughts heavy with emotions as she wiped her nose with the sleeve of her pull. Her eyes were puffy from crying, a clear sign of the internal struggle she was facing. She couldn't help but reflect on how each member had, at some point, taken a break during performances. Today was far from being a good day, and she couldn't think about tomorrow because gathering any optimism was asking too much.

Her nights were tormenting, haunted by dreadful dreams that clung to her like a relentless shadow. The memories of her mom's passing kept coming back, each time making her feel the emptiness all over again. It was too much, it made her exhausted, sad even crazy. But she'd learned that staying occupied was her only escape from the overwhelming despair these thoughts brought. Being occupied didn't give her the chance to think about those awful thoughts. She needed to be on that stage, she needed to dance, to keep herself busy. It was the only way to keep herself safe.