Don't leave me

A/N: this chapter came to me after listening to "Don't Leave Me.", there is an analysis of this song that says: "In the verse before they said 'calling me passing me missing all of its destiny' so the person may have called for help while they overtook BTS. But BTS didn't get/see that the person needed help, only now. So now it's time for BTS to call them and let them know that they are here for the person. They feel bad that they didn't notice the person's pain at first and want to go back in time so they can help earlier. They know the person's pain now and want to help and it tears them apart to know that this person was crying behind their 'mask' (릴리, ARMY's Amino)." So the song gave me the idea to write this and I hope you enjoy it.

__________________

Hoseok's P.OV.

Another school day had come to an end, and for the first time in a while, Jungkook and Na-Rae were able to head straight home. The teenagers were not complaining about it at all. As soon as they arrived home, they threw their backpacks in the hallway, kicked off their shoes, and plopped down on one of the empty seats.

"Jungkook, Na-Rae! Clean up your bags!" Hoseok called from the hallway, entering with Jimin and Taehyung. They had gone to pick up the two youngsters, but during the last 200 meters, Jungkook and Na-Rae decided to play a game to see who could be the fastest. Jungkook won by just a second, and as a result, Na-Rae had to do all of his tasks for the day.

"Na-Rae, you know what to do," Jungkook said with a not-so-hidden smile, pointing toward the hallway.

"You can't be serious about all these chores, right?" Na-Rae grumbled as she reluctantly got up and headed to the hallway.

"She lost?" Taehyung asked Jungkook, gesturing with his thumb toward Na-Rae as she walked by, not amused.

"It was only a matter of a second; otherwise, he would have lost," she answered, trying to block Jungkook from boasting about how easy it was to win against her.

"Tae, we all know that our Na-Rae is great at sprinting. Kook was just lucky today," Hoseok said as he passed by, trying to cheer her up a bit.

"See, Kook! Even Hobi oppa says that I should've won. If you didn't push me on the last part, I definitely would've won." Na-Rae shot Jungkook a sly look, oozing attitude. She then darted towards the kitchen and placed the bags next to the plants. It was a convenient spot for them; in the morning, they could easily store their lunch and drinks, and in the evening, they used the kitchen table to do their homework.

Na-Rae didn't officially live there, but in reality, she spent more time at their place than at her apartment. Ever since her sister had left, her apartment felt empty and silent. They used it for taking showers or when someone was feeling unwell, but otherwise, it remained abandoned. Most of the time, she shared a bed with either Yoongi or Jin, they didn't mind it as long as she was okay with it.

"Okay, what do you guys want for dinner?" Hoseok asked, attempting to prevent any upcoming chaos, knowing how the youngsters liked to squabble over dinner choices.

"Can we go to the convenience store and get some Samgak gimbap and ramyeon?" Na-Rae's head popped up from the kitchen, displaying her best aegyo face.

"Oh yes, hyung, please?" Hearing both of them agree for once, Hoseok nodded, considering the matter settled. "Who's coming?"  He asked All four of the younger members raised their hands, which meant that Hoseok would be in charge of the maknae line until the other hyungs arrived. He knew that Namjoon and Yoongi were on their way back from their rap practice, but he hadn't received a message or call from Jin since lunch. This raised his concern, but he decided not to trouble his hyung, especially since calling him wasn't an option until after 6 p.m., as he didn't want to disrupt any important meetings or lessons.