Goodbye Father

A/N: Hey everyone! I wanted to give you a bit more info about Na-Rae's family, especially her relationship with her sister, So-Yeon, I never really explained their bond together so here you go. Enjoy the chapter!

So, So-Yeon is Na-Rae's big sister, just 3 years older. They're a bit different in their personalities. Na-Rae is more outgoing, like a jumping and grumpy bear, always needy for attention, and up for pranks. On the other hand, So-Yeon is a bit quieter and not really a cuddle person but super smart. She's like a communication pro, super intelligent (straight A's in school, always the top student), strong, and can tell if someone is lying. She graduated from the top university in South Korea and earned a Doctor of Science in Law degree from Yale University. So-Yeon also acts way older than she. 

Growing up, So-Yeon was always there for her little sister. Their mom worked hard, and their dad was never in the picture (not for Na-Rae). Sometimes classmates teased Na-Rae, but So-Yeon was her hero, always saving the day. That's why Na-Rae looks up to her sister. Their connection is so strong that people around them get a bit jealous. Even though So-Yeon can be strict, Na-Rae admires her a lot and doesn't want to disappoint her. So-Yeon never lets anyone say anything bad about Na-Rae and always listens to her side of the story first before she speaks up. 

Now that So-Yeon is Na-Rae's guardian, she's like a shield, always protecting her sister. Even with their busy schedules, So-Yeon tries to come to concerts or calls/voice messages Na-Rae in the evening to hear about her day. They plan a trip together every year and So-Yeon sends Na-Rae gifts whenever the group wins something. 

So-Yeon is also loved by the other BTS members. Na-Rae even jokes that if So-Yeon ever needs to marry someone from the group, she'd pick Jin because he can make her laugh. She thinks So-Yeon needs someone playful in her life because she is too serious. 

If someone really spoils Na-Rae, it would be her big sister, now even more because they can't see each other often. 

Here's an example of Na-Rae being the younger sister who's always full of energy and clingy. She excitedly buzzes around her older sister, and So-Yeon, being the patient and understanding older sister, simply allows Na-Rae to continue her clingy behavior without getting upset or annoyed.

 She excitedly buzzes around her older sister, and So-Yeon, being the patient and understanding older sister, simply allows Na-Rae to continue her clingy behavior without getting upset or annoyed

°_***_°

A/N: This chapter contains potentially distressing content. It includes hurtful language, neglect, and difficult themes. Please proceed with caution and be mindful of your well-being while reading.

°°°

Na-Rae sat beside Jungkook on the train, her gaze fixed on the passing landscape. Normally she would enjoy this kind of view but yet her mind was full of thoughts and mixed feelings. She couldn't shake off the unease, fidgeting with her fingers and playing with her shirt. Even the music Jungkook shared through his earphones couldn't soothe her.