More than a crush. (1/3)

Under the burning sun of another heat wave in South Korea, Na-Rae found herself navigating through the bustling streets of Seoul. The news had warned everyone to stay indoors, but the reality of the traffic painted a different picture. Determined to reach her destination at Bighit, she spent an hour and a half inching forward in her car, finally securing a spot in the underground parking lot of BigHit.

The decision to drive instead of opting for the subway or bus lingered in her thoughts. She acknowledged that her choice of booking the studio in the early afternoon wasn't that great of a choice. Reflecting on the situation, she contemplated using Namjoon's bicycle, yet the unbearable heat from outdoors would kill her. Each step felt like moving through an oven, making even a short trip seem unbearable. 

As Na-Rae strolled toward the dance studio, she exchanged quick greetings with a couple of workers, and some new trainees, even spotted Soobin from TXT dashing past in a hurry, likely running late for his vocal or dance training. Glancing at her phone, she realized she had a good fifteen minutes before the studio became available. Unsure of whom to approach in the building, she found herself pressing the fifth-floor button in the elevator, already making her way through the familiar corridors.

Thinking about who to talk to, Na-Rae quickly decided to visit her older Oppa. Without much thought, she entered the code to his room and walked in. She knew he was busy working on the opposite side, but their close sibling bond made dropping in without notice feel normal and comfortable.

As she stepped into the room, she noticed her oppa's concentration on his computer screen. His sleek black hair peeked out from above the chair, and his hands gracefully danced between the keyboard and the mouse, navigating through an array of files filled with musical notes and waveforms.

Curiosity getting the better of her, Na-Rae couldn't resist pulling a chair next to him, settling in with a casual air. "What are you up to?" she asked, her voice cutting through the hum of musical notes and clicks of the mouse. The boy, deeply focused on his work, hadn't turned to look at her yet. She didn't mind, though; he was fully absorbed in what he was doing, and she had known him for longer than just today.

"I'm trying to fix this new song; something's missing at the end, but I can't figure out what. So I'm listening to other parts we recorded, but my head is blocking," Yoongi said, still not bothering to look up at the girl. Her presence in and out of the room was so routine for him that it didn't faze him anymore. "I just can't figure out what's missing, Nara."

"Can I listen to the song?" As she asked, Na-Rae took a sip of Yoongi's lukewarm coffee. However, the moment the bitter liquid touched her lips, she made a face of pure disgust. It was evident that there was no trace of milk in the coffee, making the experience far from enjoyable. 

Carefully listening to the song playing, she detected some glitches. Moving a bit closer to the keyboard, she added new notes between the existing ones. While some notes were a bit off, she trusted that her Oppa could tweak them. Her fingers danced over the keyboard for a few more minutes, and she was done.

"See, I believe this is what's needed. The build-up needs a subtle delay for impact. In this section, I introduced an additional bassline to enhance the rhythmic foundation of the beginning, creating a harmonious blend. And to build anticipation in the ending, I reintroduced the same bassline as from the beginning. That gives it a pop sound. Now, when you play it, you'll hear a pop-like sound." While Na-Rae spoke, Yoongi found himself genuinely listening to her, impressed by her insights. He couldn't help but feel a sense of pride seeing how much the 'once-young' girl had grown into a skilled musician. Her understanding of musical nuances and the way she explained them revealed a level of sophistication that pleasantly surprised him.