First date (2/3)

"Thursday evening. Check." Na-Rae read the text repeatedly, her smile widening with each time she read his message. Closing her phone, she eagerly waited in her studio for the boy, or did she need to say her boy? Since the dance challenge with him, her world seemed to pause, focusing only on thoughts of him. Lost in the clouds, she found herself smiling, clearly replaying each of his words and messages in her mind. Surprisingly, the other boys never questioned her peculiar behavior, perhaps too preoccupied with their plans and schedules to notice the love-struck expression she wore.

In anticipation, she rearranged the cushions on her couch, creating an atmosphere of comfort. Yeonjun had promised to handle everything else – food, drinks, and, most importantly, his presence. As she waited, Na-Rae strolled over to her desk, randomly choosing a music app, she filled the room with soft jazz tunes—a taste she developed influenced by Taehyung. Because of him, her newfound appreciation for the genre had blossomed.

The soft saxophone melodies filled the room when a gentle knock echoed on the door. "He's here," she thought, a mix of excitement and nervousness coursing through her veins. The promise of a first date hung in the air, and Na-Rae couldn't help but wonder how the evening would unfold. They weren't official yet, but it already felt like she had won the lottery and found her man for life. The studio, usually filled with the echo of dance beats, now buzzed with a different energy, something more romantic.

The door creaked open, and if her heart could skip a beat, it did. Yeonjun stepped inside, his eyes lighting up as soon as they saw her. Na-Rae hadn't bothered to dress up; after all, the boys thought she was heading to work in her studio. So, as usual, she wore one of her casual yet stylish outfits—a cozy white sweater embroidered with neon bears paired with dark blue boyfriend jeans. Her shoulder-length strawberry wine hair was half-up, and her bangs framed her face perfectly.

Yeonjun wasn't looking bad either. Na-Rae loved it when he wore his white t-shirt and loose pants. His hair was freshly styled and colored blonde, giving him a bit of a bad-boy look, although she knew better. Every little thing about the way they looked suggested that they felt at ease with each other when choosing their outfits. Na-Rae simply liked him as he was; She didn't want him to change or put on fancy costumes, even though he looked incredibly attractive in them. Casual was just right for her.

It had been weeks since she kissed him, and in that time, the spark between them had only grown stronger. The nights seemed to fly by, filled with endless text conversations that flowed so effortlessly. Each exchange fueled their desire to meet up again. While they crossed paths at work, they had to maintain a level of professionalism, a challenging feat for both of them.

- But one time; while exchanging texts, Na-Rae discovered that Yeonjun was alone in one of their practice rooms. Fueled by the desire to spend some quality time with him, she swiftly made her way towards him, the anticipation building with every step. As she entered the room, the air was thick with the unspoken tension, and their hearts raced in unison.

Just as they were about to share a sweet moment, the door creaked open, and a familiar face stood in the doorway. It was one of his "TO DO" crew members, wearing a mischievous grin. The interruption was noticeable, and the room suddenly felt awkward. However, instead of addressing the obvious, the crew member simply mumbled an excuse about needing to find Yeonjun for a "TO DO" episode and quickly left.

Silence lingered in the room as Na-Rae and Yeonjun exchanged bewildered glances. The unexpected interruption had momentarily shattered the tender moment they were about to share. In that suspended silence, Na-Rae found herself leaning forward, resting her head on Yeonjun's chest. He chuckled softly and, in response, enveloped her in a comforting embrace.