NEW Stylist

"Make me," the girl crossed her arms, giving way too much attitude toward an unknown stylist who had just joined Young-Jin Unnie's team.

"I'm sorry, but can you-" the girl tried to convince Na-Rae.

"What's going on here?" Young-Jin interrupted Na-rae before she could speak, fully aware that the 17-year-old wasn't afraid to speak her mind these days. Puberty was great, she thought. "Nara, why haven't you changed yet? You have exactly five minutes to get into these clothes, or I'll send you on that stage naked."

Groaning, the girl roughly grabbed the clothes. "I don't like these. Why can't I wear pants like Jungkook?" She pushed Jungkook with her shoulder on her way toward one of the curtains. Behind the curtains, the girl continued to complain about the outfit the new stylist had chosen. Young-Jin snickered while styling Jimin's hair, who looked confused. "What's so funny, Noona?"

Shrugging her shoulders, she shook her head. "Our little one has quite the attitude today, and she's finally wearing skirts again. I just have a happy feeling. I know it's partly our fault that she's used to wearing pants all the time, but I think our new stylist will change that habit of hers."

"You know I can hear you," Na-rae made a disgusted face at Young-Jin, which made both Jimin and her laugh.

"Look at this cute picture," Jimin said, holding a picture of Na-Rae he had taken seconds ago, which made the girl groan.

In an annoyed whine, she wrapped her arms around Young-Jin's torso. "Unnie, I don't like this. My legs feel so cold, and what if fans can see my underwear-"

"Nara, those skirts come with shorts under them, end of discussion. Mimi is going to do your hair now; go. I need to finish up here too."

"You look great in those." Jimin winked in the mirror, looking at Nara from head to toe, which made her stick out her tongue and move away toward her new stylist. The girl sat down, pouting, letting her hair be styled into a straight, sleek ponytail. 

After Young-Jin finished with Jimin, she came over to the two girls. "Put some extra extensions in that ponytail for more volume. If you're finished, you can call me over. I'll do her makeup." The girl nodded her head and continued working.

°°°

"And with this, you're ready to go," she turned Na-rae around in the chair so they were facing each other. "Still upset?" The girl gave her a pouty face and nodded. "You're still a baby, aren't you? All pouty and grumpy." She tapped Na-rae's cheek gently, trying not to mess up her work.

"There's a difference between grumpy and not happy," before the girl could say more, Manager Sejin entered the room, signaling that it was time for the fan meeting. All the boys, followed by some bodyguards, gathered outside.

"Nara, you're looking-" From the corner of her eye, Na-rae saw Young-Jin shaking her head, signaling to Manager Sejin to stop talking.

"I know, I know. Skirts and girls are always a match. I don't want to be looked at, but I don't have a choice now." Without giving anyone another look, she followed Taehyung outside and grabbed his hand. He greeted her with a small smile and led her toward the other boys.

"Okay, boys, Nara, you know your order?" Everyone gave a nod.

Na-rae leaned a little closer to Taehyung, holding both of her hands around his bigger one. She was sitting between him and Hoseok, which boosted her self-confidence a bit. She was more aware of how people looked at her or judged her. She believed that showing less meant giving others less to talk about, the spotlight for being judged wasn't her favorite thing.

It was clear how uncomfortable the girl was on stage. Jimin, Namjoon, and Jin greeted ARMY, but all she could focus on was pulling down her skirt to show less skin. Taehyung, who stood next to her, tried to block her legs a bit, as he had overheard her concerns in the changing room. Hoseok understood what was going on and subtly blocked her figure too.