.5.

The Rescue

My heels were clicking on the pavement and I made sure not to stumble over my own feet. I let Ari dress me up in whatever clothes she wanted and that decision landed me in a way too short sparkly black dress. I wore my leather jacket to try and covered up a little bit once every other part of me seemed to be exposed. Ari scanned our tickets and we walked into the club. The music was already too loud for my ears. I moved with the rest of the crowd and Ari instantly put a drink in my hand. 

"Here babe for the girl who works a lame ass day job." We cheers our drinks them I grumbled at her. "I do it for the money not the hours." She rolled her eyes at me as we searched through the crowd. "I told you to strip at the last club I was at. I bet that little ass could make some dolla bills." She smarted taking a glance at my ass to prove her point. Ari found a group of her friends and they all started talking through the music. I stood there awkwardly not knowing anyone and James was with some other friends. 

I wondered to the bar and I ordered a few shots when I got a text from a number I've never seen before. "This is Kaiden- Your boss. I'm texting you to remember to set up the appointment with Mr. Brennan tomorrow." I texted him back immediately. "I will thank you." Then another text from him came through. "And remember bad things happen with you drink." I rolled my eyes and I threw back 3 shots in resistance to him. "Yeah yeah see you Monday." I wrote before shutting my phone off completely.

"Hey sweetheart-" I turned around to a frat boy I scoffed holding my hand up. "Yeah no thank you." He looked at me angry but I walked away either way. I went and I found Ari again and that's when all the lights went off and the real music started. We danced and rinded on each other just having a good time. I more than enough drunk for myself and I could tell Ari was feeling good herself. James kept bring us drinks and I had a few random dudes buy me a few drinks as well.

By the time it was 2 am and the lights came back on I was dizzy as hell. we all made our way outside and I found Ari and James. "Me, James, and some people are going back to my place." Ari said and I nodded my head. I did a double check on my items and I noticed that I didn't have my phone. "I'll meet you guys there I got to get my phone." I slurred to them and they nodded. I ran back into the bar and I approached ht bartender. "Did you guys find a phone." The lady held up my phone to me and smiled saying good night.

When I walked back outside it had began to drizzle and I looked on my phone for a uber to Ari's house but no one was available. I groaned looking at the directions and it was only a half mile walk back to her apartment so I began to walk. After a minute or two I realized that someone was following me I turned around nd instantly was slammed into the brick building on the street. I groaned look to see it was the frat boy from inside the bar. I could smell the alcohol on his breath the dude was wasted. "Get the fuck off me!" I screamed at him.

"No bitch will ever speak to me like you did!" He growled at me. "Jesus dude get a grip!" I screamed back and I reached din my pocket to call Ari and just as I thought I hit the botton He threw my phone on the sidewalk shattering it. "No!" I hissed I was beyond angry with his sweaty dude on me pushing and shoving me. I took the tip of my high heel and I stomped on his foot and I began to run letting my heels fly off my feet. I made it about 3 yards before he tackled me into a hallway. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Please stop!" I screamed but before I knew it my dress that was already ridding up was up to my waist. "P-please don't do this." I began to cry too drunk and too weak to do anything over this angry man. He hissed at me cussing at me but nothing was a complete thought. Just as his hands touched my inner thighs He was ripped off of me and Kaiden stood then holding the frat boys collar. Kaiden reeled back and punched him twice in the jaw. Kaiden threw him on the ground kicking him in the process. Kaiden wiped some blood off on his black dress pants he was wearing. It looked like he had just gotten off of work but his dress shirt that was unbuttoned on the top and his dress pants. 

Kaiden rushed to me and picked me up off the ground. He pulled my dress down as far as it could and threw his suit jacket over my shoulders to cover me up even more. I began to get dizzy my head already hurting. Kaiden walked to a car and he laid me down in the back of the SUV and he began to drive. His knuckles were white on the steering wheel and I could tell by his breaths he was trying to calm down. "I told you not to drink." He hissed and I groaned to myself burrowing my head into the warm leather seats. "I'm an adult." I mumbled into and leather.

"And you could've just been tomorrow's newspaper front line. Seattle girl murdered and raped in alley way." I groaned louder hating how he was punishing me. "Oh just punish me already write me up whatever!" I slurred and he scoffed at me looking at me in the rear view mirror. "I won't be punishing you tonight and a write p will definitely  not be the way I would." He corrected me. "How did you even find me anyways?" I asked him and he looked in the rearview mirror at me.

"You called me... I don't think you meant to but you called me and I heard you were in trouble. I also may have been in the area near by but that's besides the point." He said I could tell he was anxious about something. I sat up and I looked at him deeply. "What wrong with you?" I slurred out my words and he scoffed at me then looked out the window avoiding my eyes. "You're the one that's drunk Denali not me. You probably just don't understand right now." He tried to explain to me but I sat back in the seat and I crossed my arms.

"You think you can control me! You think I shouldn't drink because you don't want me to. Why are you so against it hmm?" I sassed to him and he didn't seem to like that too much. "Denali you were almost raped in the alley way I don't need another reason other then that now drop it." I shook my head at him. "I bet you were a crazy drunk when you were younger. I bet you fucked every pretty woman that walked down the street got them all pregnant and such. Cause that's what all you rich men do and use your money to manipulate woman." I accused drunkenly.

"Denali I'm going to ask you politely one more time to shut the fuck up or I will personally put you in place. Now drop it." I stared at him for a moment and he was so serious. "I bet you have 10 kids." I mumbled to myself in the back and he slammed on the breaks sending me into the seat in front of me. "I said drop it!" He said getting out of the car and I was so disoriented that I didn't even realize we are in a parking garage. Kaiden came around and he opened up my door for me. "Come on let's go." He sighed out trying to find his calm. 

I stumbled out of the vehicle and I groaned at how cold and rainy it was. The parking garage was even more cold then just the Seattle air. "It's so cold." I groaned out as we began to walk to a elevator. "Well if you weren't wearing just a handkerchief then maybe you wouldn't be so cold." I stumbled again in my heels this time stumbling into Kaiden. "Jesus Christ Denali." He caught me with ease and I groaned slipping my heels off and balancing myself. "I got it dad but thanks for helping!" I slurred holding my heels in one hand and using the other as my balance.

We sat on the elevator up to some lobby floor in which we walked across the lobby past the guard to another elevator. "Good evening Mr. Hark." The security guard greeted him and Kaiden waved his hand at the guard. "This is so embarrassing." He mumbled to himself as we got into the next elevator. "Why so?" I asked and he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm not the typical guy to just be bringing drunken women home with me." We got to the very top of the building and we stepped out into a foyer and he threw his keys onto a fancy table by the door and walked off into the room. 

I was in awe over his penthouse it was completely beautiful. The walls were all white which was different than his very dark aesthetic that he normally follows. His apartment have dark furniture a leatherjackets couch in front of a electric fireplace. The to the left of me a open concept kitchen with a bar and a small glass dining room table. A grand piano sitting between the living room area and the kitchen and various sculptures that eyed me. I went into the living area and I sat my shoes but he couch on the floor and I sat on the couch. 

I looked around for another moment seeing a stairway that I assume leads to the bedrooms. I yawned stretching my arms up. In the abandonment of Kaiden I laid my head on the armrest of the couch and I let sleep absorb my thoughts. Before I knew it I was deep in sleep.