.17.

The Gala

Tonight was the night of the gala to say I was nervous was an understatement. I have never been to anymore so formal before other than my junior year prom. Which ended awfully for me because my date ditched me the second we got there and my dress got stained but the stupid bright red punch that they served. I told my mom that I didn't need to be wearing a white dress to such a event but she didn't care it was part of her vision.

I had just hopped out of the shower and put on a silk robe that was hanging up in Kaiden's bathroom. I've been staying here in Kaiden's house with him for my own protection even though I told Kaiden it wasn't necessary anymore once Quinn was in custody of the Seattle PD. But of course he argued that I'm still too vulnerable. I think at this point Kaiden is just making excuses to have my presence around the house. I walked downstairs to wear I found Kaiden relaxing not he couch in just a pair of pajama pants. Salem resting on his chest as Kaiden read Great Expectations.

I smiled at the both of them and I approached them sitting down on the smallest sliver of couch beside them. "My two boys look at them." Kaiden paused his reading and rolled his eyes at me while smiling. "And I thought you hated cats?" I questioned him picking on him. "Well that was before this big guy came here and I was graced by his feline character. Plus you got have to walk a cat and they don't bark." I smiled at Kaiden leaning over and kissing his forehead. "Exactly why I chose him." But Kaiden bookmarked his book and sat it down on the side table behind him.

"I will have to say you need to figure out some kind of diet for this cat. I can barely breath with him laying on my chest like this." I huffed picking up a purring Salem from Kaiden's chest. "Last time he was at the vet they said he only weighed 20 pounds." I pouted and Kaiden sat up looking at me shocked. "Only 20 pounds!" I laughed at him letting Salem to the floor. "Are you already getting ready for the gala?" Kaiden questioned and I looked at the time from the clock mounted on the wall. "Kaiden it is 5pm and we have to be there at 6. I'm not the one still in his pajamas!" I argued.

"Someone suggested I take the weekend off of work. Do you expect me to sleep in a suit even on my day off?" He asked and I rolled my eyes at him. "No I don't but isn't going to a gala considered work on the weekend?" I asked him and he smirked at me leaning back on the couch his arms propped behind his head. "Well I guess that means you don't want to go anymore. "I scoffed at him. " That's not what I meant." He laughed at my reaction. "I go to this gala once every year for the last few years. It's not special to me anymore... It may have been the first hundred times but not this time." I rolled my eyes at him. "Well I've never been to something like this so be excited for me." He shook his head in defeat. "I'll be up in a minute to get ready but don't let me keep you."

I kissed himont the lips sweetly and when I tried to pull away he pulled me back into the kiss. His hand rested on the bottom of my chin keeping me in place as he kissed me. He then deepened the kiss and I could tell he was hungry for me. I pulled away from him to catch my breath. "Ugh I could kiss those lips forever if I could." Kaiden breathed catching his breath as well. "I pecked him on the lips once more. "I'm going and getting ready and getting away from this distraction." I said turning and walking back upstairs to get ready.

I walked into Kaiden's bathroom where I had my dress hanging up and my shoes ready. I picked up my toothbrush that was right beside Kaiden's and brushed my teeth. Because I had been staying here with Kaiden he was comfortable with intermingling some of our things together. Our toothbrushes beside each other. Our clothes hanging in the same closet. His side of the bed and Mine with the pillow I grabbed from my apartment. Even my stupid dog halloween blackout that I always seemed to have with me and that I've kept as my comfort blanket. Before this blanket it owned a marijuana blanket when I was in the dorms of Uni. It was a inside joke for me and my roommate once other than school that was our biggest hobby.