.6.

The Room

The sun bounced off the glass in the living room burning my sleepy eyes. I yawned once before I slowly sat up feeling my head rush. By the position of ht sun it looked to be around 10 am in the morning. I looked around the penthouse and I began to remember the events from the night before. I groaned feeling the embarrassment wash over me but yet here I was sitting in my bosses penthouse in the middle of Seattle. I stood to my feet and the cold marble floors woke me up quickly. I began to wonder trying to find Kaiden to let him know I needed to get home.

I looked around on this first floor and I found the kitchen and a bathroom but there wasn't music on this main floor. I wondered up the beautiful staircase to was I assume is the bedrooms and I saw several doors. Some leading to guest bedrooms and such then one door caught my eye at the very end of the hallway. I wondered to it curiously. I tried to open up the door handle but it was locked. The door unlike all the had a blue doorknob on it.

"Can I help you?" I heard his husky voice. I turned around quickly caught in my acts. Kaiden stood there slightly agitated with wet hair fresh from a shower he must've just got out of. His pajama pants hung low on his hips showing me a perfect v line that lead to perfect abs and pecks. I drooled a little bit between my legs seeing all of him in front of me. It was simply unprofessional of the both of us. "I was just looking for you uh..." I wanted to ask him about the room but I was too scared too knowing that it had to be locked for a reason.

"Well don't go in there it's non of your business." He snapped at me as he shook out his wet hair with his hand for a moment. "Come on I'll make you breakfast real quick." He said and I nodded sheepishly walking behind him back down to the kitchen. I sat on the bar stool as he opened up the fridge and looked. "Do you like eggs?" He asked and I nodded at him making eye contact. a smirk grew on his lips and he asked me again. "Do you like eggs? Use your words like an adult." He mocked and I blushed a little bit. "Yes sir." I replied quietly.

He pulled out several ingredients before he pulled out a pan and began to cook. "How did you sleep?" He asked after a long moment of us being quiet. "As good as I could on a couch." I snarked and he smiled to himself. "Well I was preparing the guest room for you but by the time I came back down here to find you you made a good spot on the couch so I let you be." I nodded my head at him understanding what he was saying. "Denali I don't ever want you to drink like that again." He said handing me a plate with a omelette in it. 

I picked up my fork and I focused on my plate trying not the make eye contact with him. "Why do you care so much? It's not like it really affects you." I mumbled and he stopped what he was doing and he propped his hands up on the counter bracing himself. "But it did... I don't even want to know what would've happened to you if you didn't accidentally call me." I was quiet for a moment in realization about last night and harm that was done to me. 

My heart sank slightly how alone in that moment I felt but yet it was Kaiden that came to my rescue. A unexpected heart that showed they care. "I'm sorry." I said quietly feeling the shame of my own actions. "When people drink bad things happen I will preach that until the day I die." He said as he finished cooking his own omelette. He came around the bar and took a seat beside me and we ate in quiet. 

I wonder why he keeps telling me not to drink. I understand his scare but what happened to him that he thinks that way? I tried to let go of my shame for not being sober enough and letting my friends pressure me into drinking more and more. But also I defended my own thoughts knowing that even if I was sober I couldn't have fought off a drunken frat boy due to my size. It was the frat boys actions that couldn't be forgiven because he knew exactly what he was doing to a defenseless woman. 

"It wasn't your fault that's not what I' saying." He mumbled before taking the next bite of his omelette. "What?" I was drawn out of my own thoughts at his comment. "You were talking out loud you're right it was the jackass that tried doing those actions against you. It was all his fault not yours I don't want you to think I was blaming you." We stared at each other for a moment and I felt his leg touch mine and stay there for a moment. Like he was trying to comfort me without me noticing but I for sure noticed.