.20.

The Kidnapped 

My breathing was deep I could smell fresh linens in my nose. But the longer I smelled the soft fabric under my cheek the more I smelled mildew and mold. I opened my eyes and I groaned feeling a migraine instantly form. I looked around the room I was in and I laying on a beat up bed on the floor of a boulder room it looked like. Quinn sat there in a chair smiling. "I'm so happy you woke up even though part of me wish you hadn't" She said and I shook my head. "What is happening?" I asked her and she sighed at me. "Awe you're so innocent it cute." I heard a metal door open them slam. I saw Mr. Brenner come down some stairs into he room. "Oh good you're up." He said.

"Quinn leave us and do something better then sitting there watching the dead." Mr. Brenner said to her and she snarled at me before getting up and walking out. "So good to see you again so soon Denali." I looked at Mr. Brenner with nothing but hatred in my eyes. "Fuck you!" I yelled and he laughed at me. I tried to get up from my position and then I realized I was tied up to some pipes behind me. "Ah always so feisty." He cooed at me. "Why am I hear Brenner?" I asked as calmly as I could in the moment. 

"Well you see I'm just having a little fun. Kaiden and I have been competitors for awhile now and I've been working so hard to bring him down. When I saw how protective he was over you I knew that something was going on between you two. Plus like I said you look just like his ex wife. Oh how did that conversation go?" Brenner said. "Competitors? You were his client?" I questioned and he tisked at me. "Oh that's cute. I was only his client to see how he worked. I was learning from the best in the business to beat him and I almost did until I couldn't keep my hands to myself. Sorry by the way." He said and I shook my head.

"You're disgusting." I breathed. "Hmm I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sure Kaiden will feel that wya once he figures out you're dead." Mr. Brenner laughed. "Oh for him to lose another woman and kid. Man I bet his was excited to be a father wasn't he?" I stared at him blankly. "Oh... Kaiden doesn't even know does he?" Brenner asked and my gaze went to the floor. "I had just found out myself when Quinn came in." I said softly wanting to break down myself. "Wow how broken he is going to feel after this." Well at least this isn't our first time doing it." I looked at him weird. "First time?" I asked and he sighed. "Well I guess once you're dying too it doesn't matter now."

"I killed Sophie. I had my driver at the time drive drunk around town and I had made up this whole story about how he had to kill the person in the car cause they were trying to kill me. I offered him a million bucks to do it. Little did he know he was going to die in jail by my hands." Tears pricked my eyes and I began to cry. "You're a monster!" I cried at him and he smiled at me so sweetly. "Oh I know honey what is the world going to do with me?" He asked me and I sniffled at him. "Kaiden is going to kill you himself for this. He won't rot until you're dead." I threatened and Mr. Brenner laughed at me.

He stalked towards me and he grabbed my ankle pulling me as far as he could. I screamed to the top of my lungs as I tried to kick him. "Too bad before Sophie died I could get my hands on her to fuck her. Maybe I can make it up this time." He pulled down my pajama pants that I was still wearing from the night before. I screamed again and he reached my upper thigh and his phone began to ring. "Ah he's always ruining to mood." Brenner got off me and walked back up the stairs. "Is that Kaiden? Kaiden!" I yelled but I was out of reach. I struggled again my restraints trying to get me loose.

I began to cry realizing that I may just die in this room. Pregnant and desperate to get out of this and get back into Kaiden's arms. I cried myself to sleep in the corner of the room. I woke up to Mr. Brenner grabbing me and I jerked away from him thinking he was about to assault me. "Stop moving! I have to untie you." Mr. Brenner said and I stopped moving. "What's happening?" I croaked my throat was dry. "Kaiden's here he found you over night I have to move you quick." I spit in his face. "You'll never get away I told you he was going to come get me." I said and that's when I heard the door open and someone running down the stairs. 

"Brenner!" I heard Kaiden yell. "Kaiden!" I yelled for him and Brenner punched me in the face so I'd shut up. The second Kaiden came into he room and saw us Brenner puled out a gun and shot towards me. But the second he fired Kaiden fired too hitting Brenner in the chest making him fall to the ground. "Kaiden!" I yelled and Kaiden ran to me dropping the gun and kneeling by me. "It was him. He killed Sophie it was all planned he's bee against you all this time." I said and some police officers came running in looking at the scene.

"Denali you've been hit." Kaiden said with tears in his eyes and that's when I looked down. I saw blood gushing out of my shirt and pooling around me. I had a bullet hole in my torso. That's about when the pain came rushing in. "Kaiden!" I cried as I sat in pain. Kaiden cried over me pressing into the bullet hole hoping to stop the blood. one of the officers came running to us. "She's been hit get an ambulance." Kaiden and I began to doze off from the lack of blood. "Stay with me Dani!" Kaiden said trying to get me to focus. I focused long enough to see some paramedics come in and begin moving me. 

"Be careful she's pregnant."