.10.

The Date

It had been several days since the occurrence between me and Mr. Brenner. Kaiden has refused to open up about the moment we shared in his office and how I sat on his lap and let him hold me. In fact work has been as normal as any other job which is fine I guess. There was never a mention of anything else about Kaiden's feelings towards me and I never spoke a word towards him about how I feel. How did I feel? I couldn't quite pin point my emotions on the matter because I didn't quite know his.

Kaiden has been in and out of meetings all day meaning I haven't seen much of him and I haven't joined him for any meetings. It seems he only has me come to meetings when something serious is happening that I can take notes and be a witness. It was just about 5pm when Kaiden came back form his last meeting and despite his busy day he seemed to have more than enough energy. He walked to his office with a pep in his step but didn't speak a single word to me let along a glance in my direction. At this point that was his typical treatment and I've learned that it's not just me that gets that kind of treat but most all his employees.

I gathered my things getting ready to leave the office and I'm thinking of what kind of plans I can make myself for the weekend and for this Friday night. Kaiden walked out of his office and he came around to the front of my desk. "I have the plans set that in the spring the lobby of the office will be getting renovated. I added a few surprises that I think you'll enjoy quite a bit." He smiled at me and I couldn't help but to smile back at him as well. "That sounds fun. I'm excited to see what you do with the place." I agreed with him.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" He asked me and he unbuttons his dress shirt just a few buttons and he rolled up his sleeves slightly. "No I was just think what I'm going to do with myself and my free time." I said shrugging on my coat prepared for the rainy weather. "There is a amazing 5 star restaurant downtown their steak is amazing." He said and my heart sunk a little curious to see where this conversation goes. "I have a reservation for 2 at 7pm would you like to join me?" He asked me and I smirked at him grabbing my purse.

"Are you asking me on a date Mr. Hark?" I asked and he smirked back at me. " Only if you think it is Ms. Cooper." I rolled my eyes shaking my head slightly. "Well I guess I can join you I'll have to run home and change I don't think my office attire is 5 star restaurant material." He nodded his head once. "Then it's a date I'll come pick you up at 6:30." I agreed and we both made our way to the elevator. Kaiden rested his hand on my lower back as we walked through the front lobby. Quinn was still sitting there at her desk working her gaze rose to me and Kaiden as we walked back.

"Have a good evening." There was no doubt that she noticed Kaiden's and resting on my lower back and she cocked a eyebrow at me and I blushed at her. We walked into the elevator and we waiting patiently in the elevator to cycle through the floors. "I hope Quinn doesn't get jealous of you." Kaiden mumbled to me and I looked over at him seeing his face relaxed watching the numbers on the elevator tick down. "Why would you say that?" I asked him curiously. "She was my old receptionist. She kept trying to get me to make moves on her and when I didn't she would get frustrated. I finally gave her a job where she didn't have to work with me one on one and she has seemed to let things go." He explained to me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know her well enough to make any notable statement about her feelings." I acknowledged. We walked down in the main lobby it was busy with everyone trying to leave the tower. Kaiden lead me out into he street. "Where did you park?" He asked me. "In the deck a few blocks down I'll be fine but thank you." I said knowing what he was trying to do. "Of course I'll see you shortly." I nodded once smiling before walking in the direction of my car. 

"AHHHHHHH!" I screamed the second I got in the safety of my own apartment. Salem was meowing for my attention and I picked him off cuddling him close. "I can't believe that Kaiden actually asked me out on a date. One of the most wealthy men in Seattle has asked me out." I looked at the time and I began to panic I had 20 minutes until Kaiden was going to be here to pick me up. I quickly looked in my closet for something nice to wear. I picked out a short black satin dress and some black heels. I quickly changed and then I went into the bathroom to put on some light makeup. By the time I was finished I heard my intercom buzzing and I ran to it quickly.