.7.

The Disappearance 

When I woke up Monday morning and I made it into the office I was expecting Kaiden to be there at work but he never showed up. I checked his schedule and he had canceled all his meetings for the day and never told anyone anything. When Tuesday came around it was the same he never showed up not a call not a text. Then Wednesday as well as Thursday. He hadn't shown up to work in a days and no one knew what was happening or where he had went. I just started scheduling all his appointments of next week in hopes he'd back by then. 

When Friday came he still didn't show up but I decided to call him anyways out of curiosity and worry. "Hello?" I heard his deep husky voice on the other end of the phone and I took a deep breath relaxing knowing at lease he was alive. "Hey... Haven't seen you in a few days and I was just checking in on you." I explained to him and I heard him sighed deeply over the phone. "Denali I'm just going through some stuff right now I just can't come into work. I'll return Monday and work like normal." I listened to him and his voice cracked a few times. 

"Are you sick?" I asked him and I heard him sniffle. "No... I'm not sick like I said I'm just dealing with something right now." He said not giving me anymore information about what he was dealing with. I sighed sitting back in my desk chair. "Well I'm here you have my number please call me if you need to talk." He agreed before hanging up the phone. In the back of my mind I knew something wasn't right by the way he acted so after work I made my way to his penthouse in downtown. 

I walked into the lobby and same security guard sat there from the night Kaiden brought me home. I approached him desk and he smiled at me nicely. "So there anyway you can tell me what floor Kaiden Hark lives on?" I asked him and he nodded his head at me. "Are you his new girlfriend?" He asked me and I shook my head at him. "No I'm not I'm his receptionist at work." The guard nodded his head at me curious. "I haven't seen Mr. Hark out with another woman since I saw him with his wife." The guard said and my ears perked up with this new information. 

"Mr. Hark has a wife?" I questioned and the guard nodded his head at me." She used to come over ever so often until about 4 years ago she stopped coming around. She was a business woman from France so I assume that she went back to France for business." He explained and I nodded my head at him." and the floor he lives on...." I asked once again trying to get the man back on track. He snapped his fingers at me then handed me a key card. "36th floor swipe the card before you hit the button to allow you entrance. 

I took the keycard and I made my way to the elevator following the instructions that the guard told me. When the elevator doors opened to his penthouse I stepped out into the living room and I noted all the lights were off. I was curious to know if he was even home but then again if he wasn't home would the security guard give me a key card to come into his apartment. "Kaiden?" I called out into his house and I heard no one I walked further into his house and I looked around. Then the sun setting in the Seattle sky caught my attention drawing me to the large windows that covered the side of his penthouse.

"What are you doing here?" I turned suddenly frightened by his deep voice. He was standing half way down the stairs with his shirt off and sweat pants hanging low on hips revealing his v line. "I wanted to come check in on you it just didn't seem right to just leave you alone." I explained myself suddenly feeling awkward with my intrusion. "Well I'm fine now leave." He demanded but when I walked closer to him that when I noticed the tip of his nose was red and his eyes were blood shot. I looked at him curiously for a moment as I approached him.

"Are you crying?" I asked him and he sniffled confirming my assumption. "No I'm not now leave." He said in a calmer tone but I could tell something was going on within him on a deeper level. "Kaiden what happened?" I asked him and he shook his head at me avoiding my eye contact. "It's none of your concern Denali." He said wiping his nose. "Kaiden it is my business when everyone at work is wondering where the fuck you've been." He walked down the rest of the stairs and crossed his arms looking to the ground.