.16.

The Cheat

Monday morning I walked in with a new confidence. I knew that the problem in the office was going to be taken care of. I made it to my desk just in time for Kaiden to come to me. "Call Quinn to my office." Kaiden said in a serious tone I could tell he wasn't going to be in a good mood today. I picked up my office phone and I called Quinn. "Quinn speaking." Her voice was annoying and agitated. "Hey Quinn Mr. Hark wanted to see you in his office." She hummed over the phone. "Can it wait I'm in the middle of something." I tilted my head down trying to keep some privacy. 

"I suggest you get to his office now Quinn this isn't a game." She hung up her phone and within the minute she came waking down the hall. "This better be quick I don't have time to listen to Hark's pity story of being a rich billionaire." She snarked and I gave her a sickly sweet smile. "Oh it won't take long I promise." I stood and knocked on Kaiden's office door. I walked in with Quinn directly behind me. "Mr. Hark Quinn as you requested." I said keeping my professionalism. 

Kaiden stood and motioned for her to sit and she did. I turned on my heel and tried making my way out but Kaiden stopped me. "Ms. Cooper please join us for this meeting I'm sure it will interest you." I nodded and he motioned for me to stand beside him while he sat at his desk. "And please take notes Ms. Cooper." He said and I nodded pulling out my phone for notes. "Quinn so glad to see your doing well how's your dog?" Kaiden asked her and she rolled her eyes." Dead he's very dead is there a point of this meeting other than small talk?" She smarted at us.

"Yes there is." Kaiden tossed the file across his desk to Quinn and she opened it. "I know you broke into my apartment Friday night. You came through the service entrance and were in my penthouse for approximately 10 hours hiding and snooping in my home. Now I don't want to hear an explanation exactly because I've already decided your punishment on the matter. But you will answer some questions I have." Quinn looked at him scared and before Kaiden could speak again she jumped up and ran towards the office door. "Kaiden-" I said urgently but two police officers walked in as she made it to the door. They grabbed her and sat her back down in front of the desk once again. 

"Like I said I've already decided what exactly I'm going to dow with you." Tears welled up in her eyes and she began to cry. "I just want to ask you a few few questions. If you answer honestly it will save you some more trouble... Why were you in my penthouse?" Kaiden asked and she shook her head. "I was given a lead to come there I didn't know it was your penthouse Mr. Hark." She cried. "Who gave you this lead?" She shook her head again she was horrified. "I have no idea it was just a note that was at my door." She answered.

"Were you the one who broke into the office a few weeks ago?" She stuttered over her words. "N-no. I was with my dog he was sick remember?" I shook my head crossing my arms. "Did you send that gift box with the snake in it?" Kaiden asked and she shook her head at him. "That viper? No of course not! who would do such a thing?" She asked and I slammed my hand on the desk making everyone jump. "Liar! How could you know it was a viper unless you were the one that bought it and had it sent! You lying bitch!" I yelled.

Quinn looked at me and hissed out. "I'm not the one sleeping with my boss to get a raise!" I laughed at her bitterly. "No because that's what you've been trying t do for years. But that's just the talk ion the office. Because how could you ever act like such a whore." I growled back. "You should've never came to work here slut! You should have just left us be!" - "That's enough!" Kaiden barked standing to his feet. "Quinn you are charged with trespassing, breaking and entering, and attempting murder with a delay snake!" 

The police officers grabbed Quinn and handcuffed her. She began throwing herself around trying to break free but she couldn't. They left the room and Kaiden looked to me and grabbed my hand. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded my head brushing my hair away from my face. "Yes I'm okay I'm happy we figured out who was causing all these trouble." I said and he nodded his head in agreement. "I just want to know who paid her off to do all this." Kaiden said and I shook my head at him.