.15.

The Box

It was Monday morning Nothing much happened after me and Kaiden's night together. We had breakfast together then he took me home so he could get caught up on some work before monday morning. I walked off the elevator to see Quinn at her desk on the phone with someone and her head down. I paid no attention to the girl as I walked to my desk. I put my things away and clocked in. I knew Kaiden was in his office because an email he sent me telling me he's in a business meeting over a video chat. 

The mailman came to my desk and he had a gift box and some other mail most of it was for Kaiden but the box was for me. It was a classic gift box with a top and it was all black. Maybe Kaiden got me something and had it delivered for me. I thought to myself. The mailman walked back down the hall leaving. I untied the ribbon and I opened the top of the box and looked inside. "AHHHHH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and Kaiden came running out of his office. He grabbed my arms holding me close. "What's wrong?" He asked urgently. "Snake!" He walked closer to the box on my desk and saw inside. The snake hissed in the box angry. "Here step away don't touch it." Kaiden said.

I curled up in Kaiden's arms and he reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone and made a call. "Jack I have an issue we nee someone to come get a snake off of Denali's desk. No Jack I have no idea what kind of snake that is can you just get this thing out of here!" he said hanging up his phone shortly animal control and Jack showed up. animal control took the snake out of the box and put it in a bag. Animal control went to grab the box but I saw a note attached to the side of it I walked up and took the note and opened it up. "What does it say?" Kaiden asked me putting his hand on my lower back making me jump. "Be careful what snakes you let in your bed." I read the note out loud and I looked at Kaiden. Kaiden took a deep breath and handed to the note to Jack. "Get this taken care of I want finger prints on this I want the mailman interviewed. No one is going to sleep tonight until I have a lead on something!" Kaiden said frustrated. 

Kaiden then looked at me and he checked me up and down. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm a little shaken up but I'll be fine. Who would do something like this?" I asked him and he shook his head not having any idea. "I don't know but whoever this is I'm building  case on them and I will have them locked away." Quinn walked up to us she had a bright smile on her face. "I saw animal control and heard there was a snake?" She asked and rage boiled up in me. "Did you do this?!" I yelled pointing my finger at her. "Denali! stop you can't just go around accusing people!" Kaiden said getting me to focus on him again and I kept my mouth shut but I was still frustrated. "Hark you'll have to get a hold on that woman of yours or she'll run out of control." Quinn said and Kaiden turned to Quinn and hissed at her. "Quinn why don't you leave us alone this has nothing to do with you." 

She laughed to herself before leaving. "Ugh why don't you fire her! All she does is run her mouth!" I said and Kaiden sigh brushing my har out of my face. "Dani calm down I know what just happened scared you but I need you to calm down. Get a grasp of that professionalism and calm down." I took a few deep breaths to calm down. "Here come into my office and bring you laptop you can work in my office today." I nodded going and grabbing my laptop and walking back into Kaiden's office. I sat in front of his desk working and listening to his phone calls all day.

Someone knocked on the door and Kaiden called them in Jack walked in and greeted us. "Mr. Hark Ms. Cooper. Last night I came into the apartment at around 3 am because I saw someone on the cameras. When I got there I saw Denali on the stairs I assumed it was her I saw in the apartment but I need to show you this." Jack pulled up a video on his phone of someone walking through the kitchen and out some door. "whoever they are escaped through the service door that only we know about. When I asked Denali why she was there she it was nothing." Kaiden looked at me. "Denali why didn't you say anything?" He asked and I shrugged.