.11.

The Wine

We walked into the penthouse and Kaiden instantly took off his suit jacket and hung it up by the door. I slipped off my heels feeling the cold marble floors under my feet it sent shivers up my spine. "Would you like some more wine?" I nodded without speaking a word and I followed Kaiden to the kitchen. He pulled out 2 glasses and he pulled out another red wine and poured us a glass each. I sat at his island quietly sipping my wine.

"So you're so against drinking but here you arm having me drink?" My tone came out more like a question then a sassy tone. Kaiden shrugged his shoulders at me. "If you get drunk you'll be in a safe place with me and I don't have to worry about you being in any kind of danger." I shook my head t him smiling. "Protective much?" I mocked him and he smirked at me. "I'm only protective over what is mine." He responded and I was taken back a little bit.

"Am I considered yours?" I harped in a too sweet tone. I saw his eyes get darker at his gaze met mine. "If that's what you'd like." His voice low and husky now. "And if it's not?" I smarted to him. "Then I could always make you." I raised my eyebrow at him. I was curious to see where this conversation was going to lead to. I knew deep down my brat side wouldn't hold up for too long because the warmth between my legs was going to get it's way. "You can try to but I can't promise you'll have you're way with me." I said and he leaned on the counter across from me to get closer to me.

"Well we can see about that if you'd like." I had to bite my tongue from moaning it had been so long since I had any kind of attention like this. His eyes were dark and a grin was spread across his lips. I took the last gulp from my glass and I got up and walked around the counter. "I think I've had enough wine." I mumbled setting my glass in the sink and I turned around to Kaiden he was watching me carefully. His eyes were glancing over my body until they met mine. "I think I've had enough well." He trapped me between the counter and himself and he reached around me to place his glass in the sink as well.

I could feel his breath on my lips we were so close. I swallowed hard in my throat I was being hunted and unfortunately for me I was the prey. His hand landed on my hips and I breathed hard. "You now what I keep telling you about wearing short dresses like this. It's going to land you in some trouble." I batted my lashes at him at I looked through them to meet his gaze. "Maybe I like trouble." He smirked at me drawing in a deep breath. "Clearly you do." his hand came up and his cupped my cheek. "Tell me to stop." He begged me and I was very still. "No. Don't stop." He moaned leaning down and placing his lips on my neck sitting in the sensitive spot.

I gasped then moaned I simply melted in his arms. This was that wetness in between my legs winning. She wanted more and more until she was satisfied. I bit my lip to hold back more moaned as he continued his assault on my neck. "Don't leave any marks my boss will kill me." I could feel him smile against my neck before he kissed up to my chin then finally placed his lips on mine. He bit my lip and pulled in before deepening the kiss and our tongues played with each other.

He picked me up by the back of my thighs and carried me into the living room and laying me on the couch. I was absorbed by him completely. His smell. His touch. His taste. It filled my senses that in this moment the only thing I wanted was all of Kaiden Hark. I wanted all of him all at the same time. Each second we continued to kiss was another conspiracy of mine confirmed.

That when I felt a vibration in his pocket. I groaned at the feeling not exactly knowing what it was. Kaiden pulled his lips from mine and he groaned digging in his pocket for his phone. He looked at it then rolled his eyes as he answered it standing to his feet. "Hark-" He barked sharply. He pinched his nose listening to the person on the other end. The look on his face confirmed he was still coming back down to earth.

"How important is it right now? I'm in the middle of something." He was stern and upset on the phone then he hung up. I sat there propped up on my elbows watching him like a idiot. "I have to go to the office. There has been a security breach and they need me on the scene." He explained. I sat up so I was sitting up slumped over my knees and I brushed my hair out of my face.

"Do you need me to come? I'll come with you." I said urgently. "No. I don't need anyone else hurt tonight especially not you." His words caught me off guard. "Anyone else who was hurt?" I begged trying to pry information from him. "I don't know you know as much as me." Kaiden came close to me and he cupped me cheek holding me close before kissing my forehead. "I'll have one of my guard some give you a ride home so I know you're safe. Please just don't leave this apartment until he gets here." He demanded.

"But-" he held his hand up his gaze meeting his phone as he answered another call. "I'm on my way now I had to wrap something up. Can you please come take Ms. Cooper home? I'll send you the address." He was on the phone for a moment more before he hung up quickly going to his coat that was hanging up. Showing up always in the highest fashion no matter what. "I'll talk to you tomorrow try to get some good sleep." He said hopping on the elevator and leaving.

I sat there dumbfounded still a little confused as to what just happened. Someone I guess has broken into the office and hurt someone but why? Who would possibly want to breaking into such a place that has such high security. I took a deep breath and I grabbed my ducks. First my phone. I looked around to find it on the counter in the kitchen still. I opened it up and I looked through the notification bar to see a text of Ari she sent me a video of her dancing on the bar. Classic Ari. I checked my texted with Kaiden knowing I had no notification from him and no new text but I just want to make sure.

I heard the elevator ding and my gaze found the double doors opening. A man dressed in all black came walking out. "Hello Ms. Cooper my name is Jack I'm Mr. Hark's head of security I was informed to take you home." The man with blond hair and a large string build said in a defending tone. "Yeah that's me." I didn't quite know what to say it all was so formal. I got up and I put on my heels that sat at the door and I doubled I had everything before we headed down to the garage.

We were quiet in each other's presence until I broke the silence on the way home. "Is everything at the office okay?" I asked Jack. "Me. Hark said to assure you everything is okay and he'll talk to you about it on a later date." That was the most media trained answer I could've possibly have gotten which didn't let me relax any. I groaned under my breath and crossed my arms. "You know I work with Kaiden right?" I asked in a harsh tone. "Yes ma'am I do I alway know where you live and where you used to live as well as you parents." He smarted back at me meeting my tone. This is ridiculous I'm seriously going to have to talk to him about the information he digs up about people. 

We pulled up to the apartment and he parked the car and got out. He held the door open for me and then he began to follow me into the building. "This isn't necessary for you to follow me around." I stated and he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm following Mr. Hark's instructions. He asked me walk you to your apartment and see that  you are safe inside." He explained to me and I groaned again. "Jesus Christ I'm going to be fine! He has no right to refuse telling me what's going on and yet still demand that I stay safe somewhere." Jack shrugged his shoulders again and when we to my apartment door he waited until I unlocked the door and walked in before he left the scene.

I threw my keys up on the counter and I fed Salem dinner I groaned taking my heels off my feet were hurting more than I thought they were. I stumbled into my bedroom and I changed into some fuzzy pajama pants and a tank top before crawling tiredly into bed. I looked at my phone once more as I plugged it into the charger. I saw a single text from Kaiden. Did you make it home safe? I rolled my eyes at his text. Don't you know I'm home already? He texted back immediately. I know I just want to hear it from you. I sighed texting back. I refuse to grant you that wish good night. With that I yawned putting my phone down and deciding on some sleep.