.13.

The Excuse

I walked into work Monday morning. The air was crisp and I made it into the building before it began to pour down in rain. A few familiar faces greeted me on my way to the elevator. I guess I had been here long enough to be remembered certain people. When I made it up to the right floor I stepped out into the lobby and I noted something was missing. Quinn.

I let my curiosity show on my face as I glanced over at her desk but I didn't stop for a second as I made my way to the back of the office where my desk sat. As I walk down the hall I can notice Kaiden standing beside a man looking at papers and pointing to the area. "Good morning." I made my presence known to both of the men as I rounded my desk and began to put my purse away in a safe place. "Denali this is George he's the contractor for the project for this lobby." Kaiden explained to me.

"Hello it's nice to meet you." I smiled nicely. Kaiden and the man talked for another moment or two discussing the plans for the lobby. Kaiden was motioning with his hands where he wanted thing to be placed and set up then his eyes landed on me for a long time. I stood there ease dropping on their conversation slightly excited to hear the plans as well. "Dani can you move aside your a big distraction in this vision." Kaiden asked trying to describe where he wants my new desk to go and how it should be built.

I gasped at him but refused to sass back knowing that kid of behavior will not be tolerated in front of others. I stepped aside about two feet before Kaiden gasped. "Yes I see it now!" I rolled my eyes at him which I hoped went unnoticed but the slight tense muscle in Kaidens jaw told me other wise. I smirked at him meeting his intense gaze. "Alright well I'll get back to my crew and figure out a time stamp for how long it will take and the cost of everything." George said to Kaiden who was barely acting attention.

I sat down at my desk and I clocked in finally assuming Kaiden has seen enough of his vision. Kaiden shook George's hand before George turned around and found his way out. Kaiden came around my desk and hugged me from behind his lips pressed to my ear. "You're a naughty girl for that eye roll." He whispered to me. "Well you're naughty for letting me become a distraction." I ignored him and continued to work on the computer.

"And I may have to write you up for that skirt. How many times have I told you not to wear it?" He asked me and I bit my lip as I blushed. "It's one thing for me to be distracted it's another to be ogled by every man in this floor." I scoffed at him. "And that would make you jealous huh?" Kaiden pulled away from me and spun my chair so I was close to him. "Jealous? Do you think I get jealous? I'm possessive dear. I don't need jealous when I own all that I have."

I laughed once in his face. "You own me now? Well I would think twice about that mister." I smarter back at him. "Test me Miss Cooper and you'll find yourself in some hot water." I smirked at him and hit my lip. "If hot is how you want to describe it." I heard a low growl leave his lips. "I'm going to my office now." He said straightening his back. "Why what business do you have to do right now?" I asked curiously.

"Personal business." He smirked and I gasped at him. "Mr. Hark!" I mocked him. "You act like you don't know." He rolled his eyes. "Know what?" I asked curious. "After you left my office that first day I cleared my schedule so I could leave early because I was so... frustrated." My jaw dropped at him. "You touch yourself in there!? You sit at your desk out and put yourself to work?" I asked mocking him slightly. He hushed me waving his hand for me to keep my voice low.

"Yes I do now hush up before you cause a scene." He panicked as I began to laugh at him. "I cannot believe you." I laughed. "Jesus Dani shut up." He rolled his eyes before walking into his office and shutting the door. I began doing my work and I received a email from Quinn. With a excuse of her absence. I printed it out and I knocked on Kaiden's office door. "Are you descent?" I mocked before opening the door.