Chapter 23-Darkrai's Downfall

I felt anger build up inside me,then my body became surrounded in a red aura,I smirked as I charged into Darkrai slashing him and kicking him at all angles,I continied until I became exhausted,when I finished I was panting and Darkrai barely stood.Then he managed to make a crimson and black ball and shot it at me,I leapt up just in time to dogde it and I mustered the last of my energy into forming an orange ball in my arms.

When I finshed it I raised it into the air and it floated up and sent multiple orange balls at Darkrai.When it ended I collapsed to my knees,exhausted from using two powerful dragon-type moves.I looked and Darkrai barely stood,he fell to the ground and coudn't stand up.Suddenly something kicked me in the ribs and I was sent flying,I hit the wall and when I looked Spirit was there.She came closer to me and raised her hand for the killing blow.I closed my eyes and I felt thrashing,when I looked Meloetta stood in front of me.

"If you want to kill him you have to go through me!"she shouted.

She immidiately changed her form,making a red cloth surround her head,Her eyes turned bright red and her strip turned red.She immidiately began kicking and puching Spirit repeatedly.Spirit coudn't stand for awhile and I took this as my cue,I made a small cut on her neck as Havoc and Mel pinned her down.When I pulled the device out she panted and had a confused look on her face.

"Hawke?What happened?"she asked me before holding her wound.

"I'll explain later"I said suddenly the ground shook.

Darkrai floated up and his eyes shone cold blue,suddenly everything began to disappear in a dark aura.

"What's happening!?"I shouted.

"Darkrai's sacrificing himself to kill everything around him!If we don't stop him we'll all die!"Meloetta shouted.

Spirit stood forth,tears forming in her eyes.

"I'll do it,I've hurt the ones i'm close to,I have to do something to repay the pain i've dealt"she said tears falling.

"Spirit,don't!"Havoc shouted.

He went to her and held her hands,more tears fell.

"Havoc,it's the only way"she said placing her hand on his head.

"Spirit,please don't leave me,I love you"he said.

"Havoc,I didn't know"she said.

Their two faces inched closer to each other and Spirit's body began fading,before they comepletely disappeared they lips touched and when Spirit comepletely disappeared.Havoc fell to his knees,tears falling down from his face.Suddenly,everything came back in a light yellow aura.When everything came back,me and Mel just stared at him as tears soaked his grey fur scarf.I went over to him and sat beside him.

"Havoc...."I muttered.

He didn't say anything but he removed his scarf,revealling a necklace with a red colored gem tied to it.

"This was Xern's gem,when we were young we played and she tripped and this got chipped off,she gave it to me and I wore it beneath my grey fur,I never told her I kept it because she thought I just threw it away cuz when we were young we hated each other"Havoc said saying the last part with a smile.

Suddenly orange light formed somewhere and then a tree formed,it had a blue trunk and it's leaves were different colors of the rainbow,it spreaded it's roots and dug into the ground.Hawke looked up wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Xern?"Havoc said.

-Don't cry Havoc,this isn't death but a new beggining and the promise of life,i'll be back,I promise-Spirit said.

Havoc stood up and he had a smile on his face as he repeated Xerneas' words.

"This isn't death,but a new beggining and the promose of life,i'll wait for you Xerneas,and when your back,we can finally be together,forever"..........