𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞.

𝐈𝐕

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  We walked out of the store and back towards the hotel. I slurped on a cherry slushy we'd bought with stolen money. Stan was a pretty good thief.

  "So, how'd that blood get there?" Stan asked, swallowing his mouthful of slushy, "Did you, like, kill someone?"
  His voice was much more hopeful than I'd have expected, but I grinned nonetheless.
  "No, but I guess that would've been cool if I had," I took another sip from my straw, "I got shot."
  Again, his reaction was not what I'd expected, "Sick!"

  We laughed as we continued to walk towards the hotel. As we entered, Stan told me he had to be somewhere and left towards the stairs. I approached a table where Klaus, Diego, Luther and Five sat, eating an array of Chinese food. Luther smiled as he caught my eye, ushering me over.

  "Oh, come on! As if you wouldn't climb Luther Mountain." Klaus chuckled as I neared. I wasn't sure I wanted to know what that meant. Luther pulled a face and I decided it would be better not to ask.
  "Hey," I smiled, Klaus waving in response.
  "Hey, sweetheart," Five greeted under his breath, as Diego was talking.
  "Easy," Five began, replying to whatever Diego had said. I hadn't heard as I'd been too caught up in my own frantic thoughts about Five just calling me sweetheart. It was crazy what he could do to me.

  "We're the Benetton ad of superheros born all around the world until Dad brought us here, which he no longer did. Doppels probably aren't even in the same time zone as us."
  "That's true," Luther agreed, as I tried to comprehend what any of that meant.
  "What?-"
  "Don't worry about it, y/n," Five said, reaching over to grab some food, "It doesn't apply to you since you no longer exist in the 60s."
  "Hey," Klaus piped up as I nodded at Five, "Where'd you get that?" He pointed at my slushy.
  "Some kid I met," I grinned, hoping I'd see Stan again soon. He was funny and sweet. If I'd had a younger brother, Stan was the perfect example of what I'd want him to be like.
  "Go get cleaned up, love. You're still wearing that bloody shirt," Five said, causing my insides to twist up again. It wasn't even a big deal, so why was I so head over heels about it?

  I nodded and left towards my room. Vanya and Allison were nowhere to be seen, so I quickly grabbed a robe and a towel, and made my way to the bathrooms. I was not at all comfortable with taking a shower in such a public space, but there was no one else there and I felt disgusting.

  I striped off my clothes and let the warm water wash over me, rinsing away the blood and dirt all over me. After washing my hair, I quickly placed it in a towel and slipped on the robe. Thank God no one had come in whilst I was there.