𝐨 𝐧 𝐳 𝐞

𝐗𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  I wandered down the hall, Five's words still echoing in my mind. I didn't want to seem dramatic, but he just didn't seem to care anymore. I brushed away the thought as quick as it had come.
  Although I'd agreed to him telling me to rest, I did the complete opposite. I couldn't just ignore that the world was literally ending again. I mean, firstly, that's not something you can ignore, even if you wanted to. And secondly, last time this happened, I actually helped. Kinda. So why couldn't I now?

  I'd been pacing around the hotel for what felt like hours, my mind preoccupied with the possibilities of why Five was ignoring me. In actual fact, it was probably only around a half hour, but still, it felt like a long time.
  I wanted, more than anything, to go back to the Hargreeves, to argue with them until they let me join. Like I'd said to Five, I didn't want to feel useless in all of this. To be honest though, it was only Five that I'd have to argue with. I knew the rest of them would be fine with me being there. Hell, Diego, Luther and Klaus would probably argue with Five for me. The other part of me, the much, much smaller one, knew that would be a bad idea though.

  "Y/n! Hey!" I heard a voice call from behind. I turned to face Stan, stood at the end of the hall, arms filled with the cleaning materials from earlier.
  "Hey, Stan," I smiled back at his grinning face, glad that someone seemed happy to see me. That was more than I could say for Five.
  "You got any cash?" He asked, approaching me. I raised an eyebrow, though I knew what he was suggesting.
  "Perhaps. I'm not sure if it's really enough though..." I trailed off, leaving Stan to suggest his idea. After all, as long as I didn't openly say it to him, there was no proof that I was encouraging theft.
  "Still got that hairpin?"

✮✮✮

𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  Stan watched as Y/n crouched beside a door, fingers fumbling with her hairpin in the lock. He still held the cleaning materials, though after Y/n pushed the door open, he dumped them on the bed. The pair rummaged through the room as they had the day they'd first met. Y/n relived that memory, a wide smile on her face. She wondered how in the space of just a few days, two people could become so close. Stan had become like a brother to her, and to him, she was like a sister. Those few days had seemed like years. It made her think of Five, how they'd only met a few weeks ago, yet he was the person she cared for most.

  She remembered the day they'd met, how he had terrified her and Elliott upon his arrival, by jumping through the door. The way he'd had a soft smirk on his face at Y/n's confusion. The way that, despite only just having met him, she'd already liked him.
  Her mind wandered back to the days she spent with him in Dallas. The huge events, like her father's death, how he'd been there for her as she sobbed, down to the smallest things, such as the tension between the two when he had tied her to the chair, and they'd had their first real conversation. She could remember every tiny moment with him, almost like it was engraved permanently in her mind. Even the events of the past few hours.