𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞.

𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  I was in the lobby again. I was really here. But they couldn't see me. I wasn't sure if that was because I was a ghost, or because of the bright blue lights erupting from each of them.

  "Klaus!" I stood by him, willing him to look at me. He could bring me back, surely. He did for Luther. I could help them. "Klaus?!"
  My words were drowned out by the crumbling of the walls around us. They seemed to dissolve away in a golden glow, leaving only beams of light behind. It looked as though we were in a video game.

  Reggie walked over to a circular desk which I was sure hadn't been there before. It must've appeared when everything else disappeared.
  When he stepped behind it, a blue dome encased the desk, various symbols and numbers written over it. He moved them around, provoking a cry of pain from Five and the others. I turned back to Klaus.

  "Klaus! Klaus, listen, I don't know if you can see me, or even hear me, but I'm here and I can help!" I begged. His face was twisted in agony. "Whatever you did to bring Luther back, please try to do it for me. I promise, I can help you!"
  He remained still, his head still raised to the ceiling, his face still distorted. Then, very slowly, he raised a hand.

  I couldn't tell whether or not it was working, only that I knew I felt different.
  "This wasn't part of the deal." Allison hissed at Reggie. "You're hurting them."
  "I can't stop now; it'd shut down the machine." He answered.
  "What machine? I don't understand!"
  Reggie raised his voice. "The hotel was just a facade! We're stuck inside a machine in another dimension." What... "Whoever created the universe built this place!"
  "Okay, what does any of this have to do with them?" Allison pleaded as the group let out another cry of pain.
  She turned away from Reggie, before laying her eyes on me with a slight gasp. It was working. And if I was gonna help, I had to do it now. I wasn't sure how much longer Klaus could keep me here.

  I scanned the floor frantically for anything that may have been left behind from the hotel. Anything I could use to help.
  Allison shouted back at Reggie to stop as I spotted something metallic on the floor. Without a second thought, I ran to it.

  I was so close to it. Literally just a few steps away.
  A sharp pain pierced through my stomach and I fell to the floor.

  I knew I wasn't impaled. How could I be if I was dead?
  I glanced over at Klaus, whose hand had dropped slightly. The blue glow was fading. I had little time.

  "Klaus! Just a little longer!" I pleaded, crawling towards the blade. It was a curved knife and I figured it must've belonged to Diego. I hadn't seen anyone else carry around knives like it was nothing.
  "I'm...trying!" Klaus strained.
  I felt awful making him do this, but it was clear Reggie wasn't going to stop. And I wasn't entirely sure that Allison would be willing to kill her own father, even if he was from another timeline.