𝐝 𝐢 𝐱 - 𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭.

𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  "Well, on that...super happy note," Luther grinned, staring down at Sloane, "We've, um...oh, what the hell."
  They both stood together, wide beams spread across their faces.
  "We've, uh, got a little announcement to make." Luther paused for dramatic effect, before both him and Sloane said in unison, "We're engaged!"

  "Kill me, Jesus..." Ben muttered, as Five sighed. I couldn't understand why they were so unhappy about it. Sure, they'd only known each other for a few days, but it wasn't like they had much more time to get to know each other better. I was truly happy for them.
  "Now?" Allison scoffed, her eyes wide. Seriously, what was everyone's problem?
  "Yeah. Look, we realize the timing is less than ideal." Luther reasoned, "But obviously, it's now or never. Am I right, Five?"
  He sighed in response, "Don't drag me into this, please."
  I glared at him as Sloane spoke up, "What...Wh- Whatever time we have left, we wanna spend it with all of you. So, we're super pumped if you would join us in the banquet hall at 6pm for a celebration of our love, and the official union of what's left of our two great families."
  "Dress code is creative black tie." Luther smiled, whilst Sloane let out a giggle.
  "Congratulations!" I smiled, though my whole heart wasn't fully in it. I still couldn't understand why Five was being such a dick, "You deserve to be happy."
  "Thank you." Luther smiled softly.

   Sloane brought out a basket filled with little jars, handing them out to each of us. I took mine graciously, messing with the little bow on the top. It was quite pretty.
  "Wow..." Lila gasped, "And you did all of this...yourself?"
  "Luther helped too," Sloane explained, handing a jar to Five, "We stayed up all night."

  "Dad?" Ben asked, looking behind me. I followed his gaze, my eyes meeting Klaus'. He smiled contentedly.
  "Oh my God!" I rushed to him, embracing him in a tight hug. I could tell by the way he stiffened that I'd caught him by surprise, but almost immediately after, he wrapped his arms around me too, squeezing me just as tightly. I couldn't believe he was still alive! I guess he really could survive anything, even the end of the world.
  "Oh, thank God!" Viktor breathed, as I sat back down again.

  "Gather round, children." The Hargreeves' dad instructed. All I knew about him was that he was a dick, so I wasn't exactly surprised by his commandment. "Quickly now!"
  "The hell have you been?"
  "Oh, Reg and I. We got all tangled up in a whole father-son end of the world road trip kinda thing." Klaus chuckled. "You know?"
  Ben looked both angry and forlorn at the same time, "You two are hanging now?" If I didn't know better, I'd say he was jealous.
  "Yeah! We laughed, we cried, we played in traffic," That bit is only slightly concerning... "And long story short, I'm immortal now."
  He made a bunch of dramatic noises, raising his arms and flexing his muscles. I bit my cheek to suppress my laughter.
  "Woah, wait. You're what now?" Luther looked unable to believe it. I guess only Diego and I were the only ones who already knew.
  "Klaus, have you gotten into the bath salts again?" Allison asked, wide eyed. He gave a sarcastic smile.
  "I think the more pertinent question is, why are you all sitting around playing with jars?" The man asked, causing Diego to throw his jar over his shoulder.
  "They're invitations."
  "Nobody's playing." Luther said defensively. His tone was free of emotion.
  Sloane handed a jar to the man, "Luther and I are getting married."