𝐬 𝐞 𝐢 𝐳 𝐞.

𝐗𝐕𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕 (𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄)

  She just walked away.

  She hadn't even given me a chance to apologize. She just left.

  Maybe that was my fault. Most of our arguments seemed to be my fault. But I tried not to let it get to my head. We'd saved the world again. I should be focusing on that.

  I followed Y/N upstairs, out of the dreary basement. She was stood with Diego and Luther as they both congratulated her. I was proud of her. I really was. I just wished she knew that.

  "Champagne anyone?" Ben called, earning a cheer from my siblings.
  He pulled out several bottles from behind the bar as everyone grabbed glasses. I stood not to far from the others, watching how happy Y/N looked. I missed when I would make her look like that.

  Ben popped open a bottle, letting it spray over everyone. My favorite laugh filled my ears. Her voice was enough to make me fall in love all over again. God, I missed when I made her laugh like that.

  I allowed Ben to pour me a glass as everyone celebrated. But despite being spoken to by half of my siblings, I didn't take in a word they said. I was too busy staring at Y/N.
  She really was beautiful. And not just in looks, but in personality too.  She was funny, and imaginative, and willing to do anything for those she loved. I couldn't quite understand how I'd let her go.

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  The celebration lasted for much longer than I'd realized. At some point, Allison had wandered off, though I wasn't sure where. I don't think anyone was.
  Viktor had soon stepped aside, simply watching as the rest of us danced and celebrated. I wanted to join him, but I had too much energy to just stand and watch. I felt alive for the first time since Dad's death. It was a feeling I never wanted to end.
  I noticed Five staring a couple times too, though whenever I caught him, he didn't look away. He just kept staring. I was the one to look away.

  Now I was sat alone in one of the many rooms in the house. To be completely honest, I wasn't entirely sure how I'd ended up here, but I was content enough.
  My head ached and my memory had become spotted, but I'd had fun. And it didn't matter all that much. I knew I'd be fine by tomorrow.

  I stared out of tall window, observing the cloudy sky; it was orange with hints of grey and purple. From the skyline, fog billowed into the air and flames grew higher. It was beautiful, really. I just couldn't understand how this would ever be fixed. Sure, we'd saved the world, but millions, maybe even billions, had died, and half the world had been destroyed. It didn't seem fixable. But at least it was pretty.