𝐬 𝐢 𝐱.

𝐕𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Hey, you still in there?" Ben knocked on the door, after I'd been sat in the same position for a while. I was surprised he hadn't already torn the door down to see if I'd escaped.
"Yeah." I answered glumly, stretching my legs, "Haven't gone anywhere."

I unlocked the door and pulled it open, Ben standing before me. His hand, which was half way up as if he was about to knock again, quickly lowered. I glowered at him, earning a mocking grin.

"Come on," He began to walk away and back towards the staircase. I decided I had no other choice than to follow him.
We walked in silence back up to the main entrance and then up to the balcony. He led me through a maze of halls and doors, before eventually stopping at one.
"Everything you need is in there," He gestured towards the door, "Clean up and then meet me in the parlor. Number One will also be there."
"You mean 'Luther'?" I corrected, though he simply turned on his heel and left without another word.

I entered the room, which happened to be a bedroom, with a bathroom off to the side. The bed was made up neatly with an outfit laid on top of the sheets. Upon further inspection, I realized it was a Sparrow uniform. Or a casual version of one.

I took my time in the shower, relishing the warm water against my skin. I scrubbed the areas where Ben's tentacle had touched me until the skin was raw, but I couldn't seem to get the horrible slimy feeling away.

After eventually stepping out of the shower and drying myself off, I sucked in a deep breath and swallowed what little pride and dignity I had left, before changing into the Sparrow outfit. I hated how it actually looked good on me, better than my original clothes.

Eventually I left the room and padded down the empty halls, trying to remember which way Ben had taken me. It took way longer than I thought it would, but I managed to find my way back to the main entrance. As I approached the parlor, I sighed in relief at the sight of Luther already stood there. My stomach twisted again though, after I noticed the entire Sparrow Academy, minus Marcus of course, sat there too.

"Gesture of goodwill." I heard Ben say, as I entered the room.
"What does that mean?" I questioned, stopping beside Luther.
"They're letting us go." Luther answered, his voice skeptical. My eyes widened in surprise.
"Why?"
Ben rolled his eyes at my question and sighed, "As I said, gesture of goodwill. Anyway, I want the pair of you to pass on a very important message to your family."
"Yeah, of course." Luther nodded, as Ben took a step closer.
"Let Marcus go." His voice was low and threatening, "And if any of you hurt one hair on him, we'll come for you. All of you. And I promise, we won't be so hospitable next time."
Luther grinned sarcastically, "Super don't like be threatened, Ben."
"You'll do as we say, or else..." Fei said, standing and releasing a bunch of ravens from her back.
"Birds. In our brains." Luther tapped the side of his head, "Got it."
I swerved to the side as a raven flew between Luther and I. I couldn't figure out why exactly we were still here.
"Don't forget your tote bags." Ben snapped his fingers, and Alphonso brought out two black bags, with red sparrows on them.
He handed them to us, as I almost scoffed. They threaten to kill us, but then give us leaving gifts? People in the future were beyond weird.
"Hope you enjoyed your stay."