𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐭 𝐫 𝐨 𝐢 𝐬.

𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  "Y/N!"

  The young girl came running from her room, a barbie doll still in her hands. Her face was melted, the hems of her clothes singed. Hide and seek yesterday had been eventful. Y/N wasn't entirely sure her father had forgiven her yet for almost blowing up their apartment.

  "Y/N, look!" Her father's voice flooded her ears, loud and clear. She hurried over to the window to stand beside the man, her little feet pattering across the floorboards.
  "What is it?" She questioned, a slight lisp hanging in her voice. The young girl stood on her tiptoes and rested her arms on the windowsill.
  Her father chuckled, lifting her onto his back so she could see properly. "A meteor shower!"
  The girl watched in awe, lifting her doll to see the view too. It seemed magical to the pair of them, the bright lights like spells rushing through the night.
  "It's so pretty!" Y/N cheered, her lips curving into a beam. Her doll agreed.
  Elliott smiled. "Just like you, my little North Star."

  The three of them stared up at the sky in silence, merely enjoying each other's company. Y/N and her doll had never seen such a pretty view, and her father had never seen such a wide smile on his daughter's face.
  After some time, the young girl broke the silence. "Daddy, what's a North Star?"
  He chuckled. "The North Star is the brightest of all stars. It guides people through the night."
  "What about the other stars?" Y/N asked. "Don't they guide people too?"
  "Yes, yes they do. But they aren't as radiant as the North Star. They don't shine as bright."
  He placed his daughter back on the ground, turning and crouching so their faces were level. She smiled innocently at him, as he kissed her forehead.
  "That's why your my North Star."

  A soft breeze combed through Y/N's hair and stroked her face. She was vaguely aware, but she was enjoying this moment much to much to care. It had been a very long time since the meteor shower and she was sure she'd forgotten about it. Yet, now she was watching her younger self, every detail clear as day.
  Silent tears streamed down her face, blurring her vision and leaving a saltiness on her lips. She thought she'd love to hear the sound of her father's voice, too afraid of forgetting it, but hearing it again broke her.

  "Y/N?" A gentle hand sat on her shoulder. She didn't need to turn to recognize the blond man's voice.
  "Luther." She returned, wiping her tears quickly.
  The man stood by her side, watching the scene in front of them. Elliott picked up the girl, taking her back to her bedroom. She yawned.
  Luther watched as Y/N followed after her father and her six year old self, before hesitantly joining her. They stood in the doorway as Elliott tucked his daughter and her doll into bed.
  "Goodnight, love." He smiled.
  "Goodnight, Daddy."