𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐝 𝐞 𝐮 𝐱.

𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  I wasn't sure I'd heard her right. Pregnant? Since when?

  "Whe- What?..."  She didn't reply, and instead shoved another sushi roll in her mouth. Diego gave an awkward smile and I knew she wasn't kidding.
  I raised my eyebrows slightly, plastering a smile onto my lips. "Congratulations! I'm happy for you!"
  Diego's smile smoothed and Lila grinned as best as she could through her mouthful.
  When she finally swallowed, a small chuckle escaped her lips, "Thanks."

  I wasn't sure what to think. Yes, I was happy for them-of course I was. But why tell me? Did the others know?
  As if reading my mind, Diego added in a hushed voice, "You're the first person we've told. Don't let anyone else know about this yet, okay?"
  I nodded obediently. "You have my word."
  Lila handed me a plate of various sushi, placing another unagi roll in her mouth. "Eat."
  I smiled.

  It wasn't long before Reggie came bounding down the stairs, calling to us all. "Gather up, children. Now that we've had a chance to catch our breath, the real work can begin."
  I finished the rice I was chewing and hopped down from the barstool.
  "Ah, the myth of the seven bells, eh?" Five spoke in a matter-of-fact kind of way.
  "Exactly. Somebody's being paying attention."
  Diego and Lila approached my side and the three of us joined the others.
  "Okay, so we find the bells, then what?"
  "No, no, no, no." What?- "The bells are just a metaphor for this."
  He held up his notebook, displaying a pattern of circles, lines, and squares, with neat cursive writing below.
  "The sigil."
  "Correct, Number Five." Reggie praised, "The sigil is the key to the seven bells. Once we find this symbol, we're one step closer to resetting the universe."
  Sloane spoke up, "What do we do when we find it?"
  "I don't know." Reggie sighed.
  Yay. This is just great.

  "Excuse me?" Viktor waved his hands in annoyance. "We're here because you said you have a plan."
  "I do..." Liar. "Up to a point."
  Lila scoffed and it took me a second to realize I had too. "Great. So we'll just stay in this hotel forever, staring at the walls, and eating bad sushi." I didn't think it was that bad...
  "Finding the sigil is our only way out of here and the best chance we have of resetting the universe." Allison defended. Huh.
  I wasn't the only one who thought something was wrong, since Five added, "Funny how you and Dad are on the same page again."
  Viktor sighed, and changed the subject. I got the feeling they knew more than they were letting on. "Okay, uh, where do we start?"
  "We'll split into groups. I will go with Allison and Sloane, Ben and Five, you're with Viktor."
  What about us?-
  "No, we want Allison." Viktor argued.
  "Ben for Allison." Five added. Yeah, they definitely knew something. "We've trained together, so it makes more sense if we take Allison."
  "Yeah, no thanks."
  "Why not?" Allison glanced over at Reggie.
  "Splendid idea." He said, "Allison, you go with the Umbrellas. Sparrows, stick together. Everyone take a different floor. We must find the sigil."