𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭.

𝐗𝐗

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  A gentle hand slipped around my waist as I made my way towards the elevator. He didn't say anything, and for a moment the only sounds were of everyone going their separate ways. It was when the doors closed on us that I heard Five's voice.

  "What are you planning on doing for the next hour?"
  I wasn't taken aback by the question, but I'd expected something more about the voting. Even then, I knew I'd have to make my decision soon, before he inevitably asked.
  "I don't really know." I replied, pondering but not catching his gaze. He stared straight ahead.
  "Go to the rooftop. I'll meet you there after I speak to Luther."
  The ring of the elevator stopping prevented my answer, and Five left as soon as the doors opened. I remained still, staring after him.

  When the doors didn't close, I mindlessly pushed the button for the top floor. Which way should I vote? If I said no to going, I could save myself a very unnecessarily painful death and be evaporated into nothing. But saying yes could give us a chance of saving the universe, only with the possibility of being sliced open. Fuck. Which would be the better way to die?

  The bell rung again and as the doors slid open, I found my feet moving towards the stairs without consulting my brain. Who knew choosing how you die would be so confusing?

  I stepped out onto the rooftop, stunned by the sight. Since my last encounter with the kugelshitz at the Sparrows', I hadn't taken a chance to view it again.
  The were no longer stars, scattered like glitter, across the smoky sky. I could no longer sit on the rooftop and watch the stars. I couldn't point out the constellations anymore, or stare up at the north star; the brightest one. Now, the sunset hues of the ball caught my eye, writhing and twisting as it consumed more and more of what little was left of the Earth.

  At long last, I found my feet and sauntered to the edge to sit. I swung my legs over so that they dangled in the empty space. A soft breeze blew through my hair, warm yet sinister. The only light, once from the stars and the moon, now came from the ball before me. The city was silent and empty. 

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕 (𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄)

  My footsteps seemed to echo around the nothingness as I joined her side. I down sat beside her, staring up at the sky. She turned her gaze to me, but I only stared intently forwards.

  "Why did you want to meet here?" Her voice was quiet, "Is everything okay?"
  I hummed in response, still staring up at the sky. I felt her eyes trail along my face, drawing lines between my features.
  "What's on your mind?" She asked, bringing her fingers to my chin. They hesitated over my skin for a moment, eventually resting gently. She pulled my face towards her, forcing me to look at her for the first time.