𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐢 𝐳 𝐞.

𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  The cold, hard ground hit my knees as I sunk to the floor. One of the few people keeping me sane had literally just evaporated right in front of my eyes. What the fuck was happening?
  Tears streamed down my face as I gazed at the space where Stan had just been stood. Too much had happened in too little time; first Dad, then Klaus...kinda, and now Stan. I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep this up.

  A hand pressed onto my shoulder as Diego sunk down beside me. I couldn't bare to look at his face. Suddenly I felt selfish. Their child had just died in front of them and I was the one bawling my eyes out. I couldn't even begin to imagine how they felt.

  "Hey, don't cry." Diego soothed, pulling me into his chest. I sobbed and sobbed, until my throat was raw and my voice ran croaky.
  Even though I knew he was gone, I couldn't bring myself to look away from the spot, almost as if my staring would be enough to will him back.
  "I'm-I'm so sor- sorry..." I managed to choke out, after I'd somewhat calmed myself. I still couldn't think straight. I couldn't quite believe that he was really gone. It seemed like some horrid nightmare, just one that I'd never wake up from.

  "It's alright, kid. Don't cry." Diego's voice shook; whether it was from grief or anger, I couldn't tell. All I knew though, was that he was trying to keep a brave facade. One of us had to do it.
  "You really liked the little criminal, huh?" Lila's voice almost surprised me, as I'd forgotten she was here. Suddenly I felt awful for her. There couldn't be any feeling worse than a mother losing her child.
  I nodded, feeling her arms wrap around me too. The three of us sat on the wooden floor, Diego and Lila comforting me, as I tried to compose myself. I'd missed the feeling of being comforted like that. It felt like Dad.

  "Are-are you o-okay?..." I hiccuped, finally managing to even out my breathing.
  "Yeah...we'll manage." Lila reassured, her arms now loosening as she stood up. She left the room briskly, but Diego stayed by my side. He seemed unable to move.
  "Diego?" I questioned, finally looking him in the eye. His expression was filled with grief. That was a feeling I knew all too well.
  "I'll look for him..." He suddenly stood, almost as if he was in some sort of trance, and began tearing the room apart. He was in shock too. I couldn't bring myself to stop him.
  I collapsed onto the couch, my head in my hands, as the sounds of Diego rummaging through the drawers echoed around the room. My head was too clouded to think straight. How had this even happened? And why? Why not me instead?

  "Sweetheart..." Five's soft voice sounded from the doorway. All I needed was one look at him to start crying again. He was beside me in an instant, arms wrapped around me, hands stroking my hair and back. I leaned into him as I had with Diego, sobbing again. It felt like Dad all over again. I was reminded of the way Five had held me then. How he'd comforted me. How he'd been patient with me. He was doing it again now.
  "Hey, calm down, it's okay..." He soothed, his voice gentle, "It's okay, I'm here."
  I felt him place soft kisses on the top of my head as he ran a hand through my hair. His other ran up and down my back, attempting to calm me. I snivelled as I caught my breath again. I'd missed this, the way Five held me. How had I managed to fuck things up so badly?