𝐝 𝐨 𝐮 𝐳 𝐞.

𝐗𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  Stan and I were headed back to the hotel, after we'd stopped in a park so Stan could gorge on the food. Somehow, he'd managed to eat pretty much everything, safe for a couple beef jerky sticks and half his slushy. I'd just watched, laughing at his behavior and sipping my soda. Five's words still lingered in my mind though. The intrusive thoughts kept creeping around the edge of my subconscious, begging for attention. I couldn't give into them, or I was afraid I'd end up bawling my eyes out in front of Stan.

  The ding of the elevator opening surprised me. I hadn't realized just how far we'd walked whilst I'd been lost in my thoughts. I'd noticed that happening a lot recently.
  "Where are we going?" I asked, following Stan down the hall.
  "To find Diego." He replied, dropping a wrapper from his jerky stick, "I already said that."

  I continued to follow him aimlessly until we reached the White Buffalo suite. I wasn't too sure I wanted to be back in here after what happened earlier, but Stan was already inside, so it looked like I didn't have a choice. He dropped another wrapper and I rolled my eyes at his littering. I couldn't be bothered to pick it up though.
  I wandered over to the small bar in the corner of the room, looking through the various bottles. Nothing looked appealing, much to my disappointment.

  "Woah..." Stan muttered, causing me to turn and look at him. Whilst doing so, my eyes scanned past a very disturbing sight. I tried to get the image of Diego and Lila out of my head, to no avail. At least they were asleep. If we'd walked in whilst they were still... I would've killed myself out of pure embarrassment.
  "What is it?" I made my way over to Stan, seeing he'd pulled one of the pictures from the wall. It opened like a door, revealing a luminous blue passage. I got chills just looking at it.
Stan looked up at me expectantly. I knew what he was suggesting.
  "No. Absolutely not." I shook my head, grabbing Stan's wrist to stop him from entering the tunnel. "You've got no idea where that leads."
  "Exactly." Stan whined, "It'll be an adventure!"
I sighed, "If you want an adventure, let's go look for one elsewhere, okay?"

  He sighed but allowed me to steer him out of the room. I wasn't exactly sure what he meant by an 'adventure', but I was sure I could find something. My best bet seemed to be the destroyed buildings that were now half of the city. I figured I could make something fun out of that.

  "Where are we going?" Stan whined, dragging out the 'ing'.
  "Feel like exploring?" I asked, a sly grin on my face. If I made it seem more entertaining than it was, maybe he'd actually enjoy it.
  "Where?"
  "Well, there's a shit ton of abandoned buildings now." I chuckled at Stan's widening grin, "We'll go explore them. Maybe even steal a couple things. It's not like there's anyone there to stop us."