𝐧 𝐞 𝐮 𝐟.

𝐈𝐗

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  "Yeah!" Stan cried, as Klaus pushed the cart, running as fast as he could. Stan and I were sat on it, him between my legs, cheering as doors whizzed past us. Our laughter echoed around the hallway. "Go faster! Faster!"
  "Coming through!" Klaus yelled, Stan cheering again. I simply laughed, happy to be kept company by two of my favorite people.

  We came to an abrupt stop at the end of the hall, and I had to grip onto the side of the cart to stop myself from flying forwards.

  "Squirt, make with the key on this one." Klaus said, removing his sunglasses as Stan checked the list of rooms, "Chop-chop."
  "Lemme check," Stan scanned over the list quickly, whilst I read over his shoulder. "Nope, this room isn't on the list, and I'm definitely not gonna clean a room that's not even on the list."
  "White Buffalo..." Klaus muttered, reading the sign on the door. It was green with age and rust.
  "I could pick the lock, but Diego took my switchblade." Stan sighed, before quickly looking at me expectantly. I smiled, knowing that look and pulled the hairpin from my pocket.
  "Beep, beep." I said to Klaus, who raised an eyebrow.
  "You know how to pick a lock?" He asked.
  "Perks of being a dealer." I grinned, hearing Stan chuckle, "Theft falls under pretty much the same category."
  "Huh." Was all Klaus said, as I fumbled with the hairpin. "Y'know, I once had to pick a lock with my teeth, while partially paralyzed on Quaaludes. Oh, man, that was an evening..."

  I bit my lip to contain my laughter at Klaus' random memory, as I heard the lock click softly, signalling the door was now unlocked. I pushed it gently and it swung open, revealing a pink room detailed with white columns and arches. The far wall had an inset, which held an array of paintings, mostly of the beach, and the entire room was decorated with white furniture, the majority of it being faux fur. Or maybe it was real. I couldn't tell.

  "Whoa!" Stan exclaimed as Klaus whistled, the latter and I entering after the former. "Looks like freakin' Indiana Jones in here! Whoa, a pachinko!"
  He pressed some of the buttons on the wall, causing the machine to light up and make noises. Klaus stared in awe at a giant buffalo head on the wall, whilst I watched Stan rush around the room, giggling at his excitement. Soon enough, he spotted the buffalo too, touching the fur and the nose. I wondered if it was real, but I knew they wouldn't know either, so I didn't bother asking. Klaus made his way over to the pachinko as a speargun above the fire caught Stan's attention.
  "Careful with that!" I warned, though he took no notice.
  "This is so cool!" He admired the gun, before imitating gunfire. I sat on the couch opposite him, carefully out of the speargun's line of fire.
  "Hey, come on. Chop-chop, Stan." Klaus said, turning around to face him, "Gotta go see a man about a buffa-"