𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐨 𝐫 𝐳 𝐞.

𝐗𝐈𝐕

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The walk to the Sparrow Academy had been awkward for Five and I, to say the least. I was still overwhelmed with emotion; grieving over Stan's death, and furious at Five for ignoring it. And also for trying to keep me out of this. I hated how he was so determined to keep me away from everything. I'd suffered so much that it couldn't hurt me anymore. What once felt like my life had fallen apart, now felt as if a needle had pricked my finger and that was all. I'd lost my sense of feeling. Now it was mostly just numbness.

Me, Lila, Sloane and the Hargreeves were now sat in the parlor, whilst Grace offered us a plate of sugar cookies. She looked as beautiful as every other time I'd seen her, though she was missing an eye. In its place was a mess of bright blue wires. I found this only slightly disturbing, though I didn't dare say anything. Nothing really needed to be said anyway.

"Lovely to meet you." Lila smiled, filling her hands with as many cookies as she could hold.
Grace offered me next, but I shook my head politely, despite how appetizing they looked. I didn't really feel like eating right now. She continued to offer the plate around, when Diego noticed her eye. I watched as he signalled to Luther, a questioning look on his face.
"Stabbed herself in the eye." Luther whispered, acting out his words. I grimaced at the thought. How could a robot even do that?
Diego seemed to think the same, as he mouthed a 'How?' to Luther. However, before he could answer, a cawing from a crow filled the room, alerting us of Ben and Fei's arrival.

"Welcome." Fei greeted as she entered the parlor. "Please make yourselves at home."
Allison rolled her eyes, venom laced on her tone, "Bitch, this is our home."
"Excuse me?" Fei asked incredulously, narrowing her eyebrows at Allison.
Luther picked up a bowl from the table, attempting to ease the tension, "Uh, jellybean?"

"Where the hell is Viktor and Klaus?" Diego asked, as a couple of us began to take a seat. I sat beside Lila, keeping a careful distance from Five.
"With our luck, probably kugelblitzed by now." Five sighed, no hint of sorrow evident in his tone. It was almost as if he didn't care.
"You're a dark little dude sometimes." Diego scolded.
Fei's eyebrows raised as she spotted the gauze around Diego's fist. "Ooh, what happened to your hand?"

Ben clapped his hands together loudly, silencing the room. "We don't have time for idle chitchat. Everyone, sit down."
"'Please' would be nice." Diego muttered in a mocking tone, earning a soft chuckle from Lila.
Ben clearly didn't find it amusing, as he said with a monotonous tone, "No."
Everyone who was still standing reluctantly obeyed, aside from Luther. He paced around a small area, before he, too, clapped his hands together.

"So, uh...This is kinda nice, right?" He grinned awkwardly, shifting his weight from one foot to the other, "All of us here together...One big happy family."
He chuckled nervously, before leaning in to Sloane, "I feel like I'm sweating. Am I sweating?"
She held the side of his face, saying something in a hushed tone that I couldn't quite make out. He sat beside her, leaving only Ben standing.