𝐡 𝐮 𝐢 𝐭.

𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  The man, possibly Harlan, remained silent, so we couldn't be sure it was him; though he bore a strong resemblance and I realized that was why I'd recognized him. He took a few steps forward, inspecting the bodies of Jayme and Alphonso, whilst I noticed Sloane was beneath Luther. I smiled, realizing that Luther had pushed her to the floor to protect her.

  Stan climbed over the counter, hopping down clumsily.
  "You! Upstairs! Now!" Diego shouted at him, whistling beforehand to gain his attention. But instead of obeying, Stan shuffled over to Diego, fear evident in his eyes. He stopped for a moment, before flinging his arms around him, and embracing him in a tight hug. Diego stood motionless, before placing a gentle hand on Stan's shoulder. He then swiftly left upstairs, leaving Diego half in shock.

  At that moment, Klaus came dancing through the door, stopping at the sight of the bodies.
  "Oh, man. Heavens to Betsy" He sighed, "What did you do? Did Viktor go full 'Carrie' again?!" He pointed towards him, hand on his heart.
  "We didn't do this." Allison said, side-eyeing Harlan.
  "Harlan?" Viktor questioned.
  "Don't." The man twitched, squeezing his eyes shut. "Don't come near me, please."
  "I-I just wanna make sure that you're okay." Viktor's voice was gentle and kind. "You can...You can talk now. It's-"
  "I can do a lot of things now..." Harlan was evidently stressed, as he held his fingers up to his temples.

  "Who the hell is creepy grandpa?" Klaus whispered to Allison, Diego and I, after slowly shuffling towards us.
  "That's the kid Viktor saved in Dallas." Diego answered, earning an "Oh, shit! You're right!" from Allison.
  "But didn't he and you," Klaus gestured to me, "...get rid of all the kid's mojo when he did all that?" He faked a small seizure at the end, causing me to stiffle a laugh. The others appeared not to notice, and Klaus shot me an amused grin.
  "Yeah, I guess that didn't stick." Allison replied to Klaus, not taking her eyes away from Harlan.
  "What's he doing here? Now?" Klaus asked, his voice low and hushed, practically a whisper.
  "Who cares?" Diego asked, "He saved us from the Sparrows."

  "Sloane?" Luther shook the girl beneath him, "Sloane, are you alright?"
  The four of us directed our attention to the pair, as Sloane began to get up. She winced as Luther helped her.
  "It's okay." Luther reassured, but the girl had already set eyes on the bodies of her siblings. She struggled to a stand, unwillingly assisted by Luther, and breathing rapidly.
  "It's alright." Luther reassured her again, though it very clearly was not alright. "Sloane, it's alright."

  Sloane rushed away upstairs, as Luther called after her.
  "You got a live one, Luther!" Diego shouted at him, beginning to follow the girl. Luther hurried after Sloane, determined to get to her before Diego did.
  At the same time, Harlan rushed up the other flight of stairs.
  "Harlan!" Wait!" Viktor called desperately after the man, following after him, but Allison stopped him. "Um, go help Luther."
  "What about you?" She asked, her voice higher with worry.
  "I can handle it. Go!"
  "Okay, okay, okay!"