𝐪 𝐮 𝐢 𝐧 𝐳 𝐞.

𝐗𝐕

✮✮✮

𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  Whilst Y/N followed after Viktor, the rest of the Hargreeves remained in the parlor. Five debated following Y/N, but he decided against it. After their most recent argument, he wasn't sure she'd want him around.
  He hated how many fights they'd been having, but he couldn't seem to prevent them. Maybe he ought to listen to Klaus' advice. Maybe it was time to let her go. Maybe all she needed was a bit of independence.
  He stayed in the parlor with the other Hargreeves.

  Y/N chased after Viktor, following the sounds of his footsteps. She wasn't entirely sure she was following those sounds correctly, but after being lost in this house once before, she was sure she'd have better luck this time.
  Eventually, Y/N heard a door slam as she hurried down a flight of stairs. She recognized the area from when she, Allison, and Luther had been chased by Fei's crows. At the end of the hall, there was only one closed door. She figured that was where Viktor had hidden.

  Raising a fist to the door, she rapped her knuckles against the wood, hearing faint snivels from inside. After no one opened the door, she let herself in.
  Viktor sat on the bed, tears streaming down his cheeks. He didn't dare meet Y/N's eye.
  She closed the door softly behind her before taking a seat beside Viktor. For a moment, all that disrupted the silence was the gentle sniffs from the man. Y/N wrapped her arms around him as he sunk into the embrace, crying harder. She'd never been the best at comforting people, but she tried, regardless.

  "It's okay...You're okay..." She soothed as Viktor's sobs quietened slightly. He held his own arms around Y/N's shoulders, both of them feeling safe in each other's embrace. It had been a long time since either of them felt that way.
  "I'm sorry..." He murmured, once his breathing had returned to normal, "I didn't- You shouldn't have to look after me."
  Y/N shook her head incredulously, "Don't apologize for being upset. You did nothing wrong."

  The pair jumped as the door creaked open. Ben entered his room, his eyebrows narrowing as his eyes fell upon Y/N and Viktor, a look of confusion crossing his features.
  "What...Whatever it is you came to say, I'm not coming down to help if Allison's still there." Viktor muttered, causing Y/N to glance at him in annoyance. Not at Viktor, but at Allison. He had every right not to help them.
  "Just came to get my jacket." Ben raised his eyebrows, his voice mocking. "Have you just been sat here, crying on my bedsheets, emo?"
  After no response, Ben let out a cold chuckle, "Wow! That's so embarrassing."
  "Do you always have to be such a dick?" Y/N scolded, glaring up at the man. He raised his eyebrows, a smirk hovering on his lips.
  Before he could answer that, though, Viktor muttered, "It's official. Our Ben was better."
  "So I'm told." He said, ignoring Y/N's question. Though she hadn't meant for it to be answered anyway. "But didn't he die? You know, people say we have egos, but you're the real messy bitches." Y/N was surprised at his forwardness, but she wasn't totally shocked. He was, in fact, a dick. "Letting the world burn because you're angry at your sister? Outstanding."
  "That's not what I'm doing." Viktor mumbled.
  "Don't care. Won't matter much longer anyway...In a few days we'll all be, uh, kugel-toast. And I guess Harlan will have died for nothing. Nice work."